Allow the harvest of weed seeds from fully grown plants

Short description: Allow players to choose between harvesting bud or harvesting seeds when growing weed on the server. Currently you receive a seed back from 1/3 plants during harvest. I believe that a new command, /harvestseed should be added to the server. When used, the grower would receive 3-6 seeds and no weed from the plant. 

Detailed description:  I think everyone can agree that a lot can be done to improve the drug system on this server, while I think a full overhaul of the system won't come for awhile, I believe there are small yet significant changes we can make to improve drug RP quality of life.

The current weed system lends its self to a small group of growers buying seeds directly from suppliers. While this lends greatly towards creating a high demand and rarity surrounding weed on the server, it doesn't do much for creating roleplay. By adding the ability to harvest seeds from plants, we can increase the amount of players who can build smaller scale farms. Seeds would still originate on the server through suppliers, but adding the ability to harvest seeds would create a market where smaller factions that might not be the first in line to buy seeds from a supplier have the ability and chance to create smaller, more sell sustaining weed farms.

Commands to add: /harvestseed

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?  

For illegal RPers:

I currently run a weed farm on the server, the current system is incredibly boring. The system its self could be enjoyable if it wasn't so tied into the supplier drops each month. I get between X and Y seeds each month, because that's all I'm getting for a month there is really no room for expansion or error even. Short of becoming a drug suppler there just isn't enough seeds a month where I could expand and create some cool RP that involves other players while still growing the weed I need to supply my factions needs. By adding /weedharvest to the server, myself and others would be capable of producing while expanding. Getting more people involved in our RP. It would also open up more opportunities for other players who aren't in connection with a supplier the ability to open their own smaller scale farms. Right now, unless your a supply it's no where in your best interest to resell the seeds you've got. But if you were able to stretch those supplier seeds a little longer you could sell them to those around you.

For LEO RPers: Raiding someones apartment or a stash house is one thing, but taking down a grow op deals a significant blow to any organization. As the investigations bureau continues to grow, So does the need for important criminal figures. /harvestseed creates more long form criminal RP for you to investigate because it will drastically increase the amount of people who will be able to operate farms.

Additional information:

• Upvote 3

Fixing one currently broken/inadequate script by making another one is not a solution, a no from me. They said they're reworking the script so let us see what they come up with before making more suggestions that are as broken as the original script.

somewhat agree since i believe seeds should be more common (literally have never seen one over the many factions ive rped in ) , but Djolek is right , they most likely do something about this in the drug update thats coming up. Admins can correct me and take this into consideration if i'm wrong tho.

On 7/21/2020 at 1:15 AM, DjoleK said:

Fixing one currently broken/inadequate script by making another one is not a solution, a no from me. They said they're reworking the script so let us see what they come up with before making more suggestions that are as broken as the original script.

I agree with the idea that seeds should be more commonplace throughout the server - they're quite easily acquirable out of character, so I don't know why this wouldn't be replicated in character. 

/harvestseed allows more seeds to be in the game, thus leading to them becoming more commonplace throughout, eventually leading to a realistic level. +1

• 2 weeks later...