Advertisement overhaul

7 hours ago, resick said:

Queue system won't work here, the server gets 500 players daily average. You'd have to wait 1-3 hours just to get one advertisement up. Not supporting.

I bet to differ. Queue system worked perfectly on another server in SAMP that had 600 players on at peak. 1 ad being queued for a minute isn't much, and it stops multi spam, this is literally a quality of life improvement. I don't really see how anyone could be against this.

28 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

I bet to differ. Queue system worked perfectly on another server in SAMP that had 600 players on at peak. 1 ad being queued for a minute isn't much, and it stops multi spam, this is literally a quality of life improvement. I don't really see how anyone could be against this.

Except they aren't queued a minute apart, it's at least 3 minutes apart to coincide with the global cooldown. I don't see how this would be a quality of life improvement when you're a business trying to advertise that you're currently open and there are 30 people in the queue in front of you. An hour and a half to post a business advertisement? No thanks.

Edited by Chief
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I definitely agree with the intent of your suggestion, but I'm not sure a queue would be the way to go.

While this might seem like heresy, but I think the real problem is that donators do not have the added 20 minute cool-down period after successfully releasing an advertisement. Which is how we end up with the same business sending out ads every five minutes.

Even if everyone now had to contend with the 20 minute cooldown, there would still be the possibility that multiple people could just do /ad's, /bad's, or /cad's for the same business. So it isn't a perfect solution. But I do not think the idea of planning your business' opening 4 hours in advance to make sure that it lines up with the queue time is a good idea either.

As already stated this issue was already brought up and they've alredy said they will be working on it. I like @Chief idea of using a phone app though I think it would be long till we see it done. I think there could be like a command which you can type what you are looking for and it will pop up some of the ads you could be interested in. Let me explain better.

Every business/company/player will have to post the ad once adding some keywords so the search could be easier. If you want you could /cancelad and remove your ad. For example let's say you want to sell your car, you put /ad [SELLING] Whatever [keyword1][keyword2][keyword3]. Then there's a player who wants to buy so he could do /searchad car selling fast (f.e), and it will pop in your chat that ad. This will remove ads completely from the chat when they are not necessary.

1 minute ago, Dislord said:

Even if everyone now had to contend with the 20 minute cooldown, there would still be the possibility that multiple people could just do /ad's, /bad's, or /cad's for the same business. So it isn't a perfect solution. But I do not think the idea of planning your business' opening 4 hours in advance to make sure that it lines up with the queue time is a good idea either.

For some reason, a lot of people aren't aware that advertising using all forms (/ad, /bad, /cad) for one business is already against the rules lol. So is spamming the ads for the same business in a short amount of time, not allowing others to get their ads out. It's in the server rules. I just report people when I see that and it usually gets handled.

Edited by Chief