Amendment to CCTV Rules

I for sure support this. I work at a 24/7 that has already been robbed twice and people sometimes really do not want to give OOC consent to CCTV camera footage being roleplayed just because they don’t want to be arrested. Most places and stores have active CCTV cameras at all times, so I’m hoping this is made as an amendment to the rule eventually. 

2 minutes ago, tomatoz said:

I for sure support this. I work at a 24/7 that has already been robbed twice and people sometimes really do not want to give OOC consent to CCTV camera footage being roleplayed just because they don’t want to be arrested. Most places and stores have active CCTV cameras at all times, so I’m hoping this is made as an amendment to the rule eventually. 

You don't need OOC consent for a 24/7.

Just now, effion said:

You don't need OOC consent for a 24/7.

Either way, there are many other places that need active CCTV camera footage such as trucking lots, government buildings, most buildings, and houses. I know some people don’t give OOC consent to roleplay the CCTV camera footage just so they don’t get arrested.

• Developer

100% agreeing. The amount of times for e.g. at Davis 24/7 / Gas station people complained that they give no consent for CCTV, just to get away with a battery or murder charge.

IC gas station record the pumps to record people driving off without paying, IC inside the store would be CCTV.

This is something that I fully agree with for many mentioned points above. Business properties especially will have CCTV for their own protection, knowing full well a robbery could commence at anytime, they're there to provide evidence if necessary to the fact. If the player working in the store, or even, around where there are cameras posted which realistically would be able to capture the footage of what had happened, actually showing the footage should not be put in the hands of the offending party for obvious reasons.

That being said, there should be adequate evidence ready to be displayed from the providing party to clarify the situation fully - this, as the post declares, should be inform of video evidence so that, before the CCTV is shown ICly, the admins can determine if it's realistic that the cameras in question captured said event, taking into account blind-spots, where the incident happened etc. 

This, removes the perpetrator(s)'s "play-to-win" attitude which comes with denying any evidence being brought up against them, however, takes realism more into account with locations of cameras, where they stood at the time of the robbery (which dictates what the camera sees) etc. Without pictorial evidence, it'd be quite difficult to establish the abovementioned, which would in-turn make it difficult for the admin to believe (in player-owned businesses such as trucking sites where CCTV is manually implemented by other players).

CCTV being reviewed without video evidence would be for admins to discuss, as it still gives the perpetrator(s) the play-to-win attitude knowing full well they can rob vehicles outside a company property when no one is around, just because they know it won't get captured on CCTV because of lack-of-players around despite the CCTV being right on-top of them or their vehicle-of-choice if it's involving a vehicle theft. 

Either way, I'm all for this rule to be changed.

• Bombie locked this topic