Is there a way to mod a retail GTA 5 for RageMP?

Fl00der

I lately wanted to mod my retail game, to make it look better, but as I read, apparently you can't mod a retail version of GTA 5. But I'm asking this question here, for the hope that someone had a solution for this problem. I'd appreciate all the answers in advance.

6 minutes ago, Fl00der said:

I lately wanted to mod my retail game, to make it look better, but as I read, apparently you can't mod a retail version of GTA 5. But I'm asking this question here, for the hope that someone had a solution for this problem. I'd appreciate all the answers in advance.

Doubt it's possible, I can't use serverside/dlcpack mods on the EG version myself. 

Edited by MCB666
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, there's a lot of mods for GTAV such as graphic enhancers and retextures/remodels through clothing and weapons.

If you want to use dlcpacks you have to change the rageMP config from "prerelease" to "oldprerelease"

There's multiple guides on the forums.

13 minutes ago, hipsxn said:

Yeah, there's a lot of mods for GTAV such as graphic enhancers and retextures/remodels through clothing and weapons.

If you want to use dlcpacks you have to change the rageMP config from "prerelease" to "oldprerelease"

There's multiple guides on the forums.

The question wasn't are there mods. The question was are mods possible with the retail version of the game.

Yes there are. The retail version uses the Social Club launcher. As such, any graphic or clothing or vehicle mods that require .rpf files to be edited are automatically re-downloaded By the launcher once modded. However this mod loader for Rage will allow you to use .rpf mods with the social club version, bypassing the rockstar checks and balances that remove modded .rpf’s. 

Edited by Fergie

Fergie is correct.

Modding the retail version of GTA can get pretty annoying though, because of the constant redownloading of the regular .rpf files when closing the game. The method of copying them into the directory before you launch can be annoying, because the Rockstar Games Launcher might catch them and start redownloading.

Make sure you always back up a vanilla version of GTAV...

ESPECIALLY if you don't have the best internet speed to download the large files over and over.

L&A due to player given a great solution by Fergie.

Edited by Bash
  • Upvote 1
  • Bash locked this topic