Government and Tax.

I'm on the idea that the main tax should be the wealth one not the income one, so it is easier for new players to get up their feet in order to purchase a basic housing and/or vehicle, but the % taxed from the net worth of your belonging should be higher.

TL:DR Do not get 1 grand out of somebody who earns 4 grand, but get 2 grand per paycheck for somebody who has 400,000$ value of properties/vehicles, a.k.a 5% wealth tax per paycheck, then you see if people drive their shit right or not.

• Upvote 1

I am in full support with this there needs to be a lot of tax just like real life, this would encourage people to either work very hard legally to show off their wealth or use other means to avoid tax.

For example barber shops where I live and probably world-wide most definitely lie about how many customers they get to reduce the amount of tax they pay. Would create some interesting RP dynamics and potential.

• Upvote 1

Taxes won't do shit when you get 200k as a starting bonus over the first few hours on your character. If that wouldn't be a thing there would be a lot less money on the server, since people tend to be careless at first when they get 5k+ every hour for nothing. 

Edited by Shiro
Just now, Shiro said:

Taxes won't do shit when you get 200k as a starting bonus over the first few hours on your character. If that wouldn't be a thing there would be a lot less money on the server, since people tend to be careless at first when they get 5k+ every hour for nothing. 

The 200k isn't spawned out of thin air btw.

Just now, Marksman said:

Yes.

Didn't know that, interesting, then I'm wondering if it's something that has been organized ICly or just scripted but using the gov money.

I'd still argue it shouldn't be a thing because it very quickly gives many characters that shouldn't be rich a lot of money to play with, or at least reduce it to maybe 1-2k.

• mj2002 locked this topic