Ban ERP

NBA

Just now, shiroq said:

How do you report something that happens in private?

Well if any of the parties are uncomfortable, they should always know they have to right to report and its dealt with instantly. I've dealt with messed up cases in my life, a report like that comes in, its immediately the #1 priority of senior staff. And if things go public, admins know how to deal with that. 

15 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

So what say you to the kid that goes through puberty that's literally having text sex with a potential pervert on the other end? Look at it from a human angle for a moment.

Do you know how these things can develop? First you're having esex, next your having skype calls, next your revealing your irl body. You think I'm making this up 2? I seen it happen twice in my life.

This happens, everywhere. It's horrifying and really sad, but no offense this just comes down to people asking oocly if they are of age, you're supposed to get ooc consent anyway. I feel putting an age requirement of 18 like the game is meant for would be a lot more fair than just banning ERP.

People and parents of minors need to take some accountability for their own actions.

That said, people also need to stop sensationalizing topics like this as if ERP is responsible for predators taking advantage of underage people. 

Edited by TakeTwo
3 minutes ago, TakeTwo said:

This happens, everywhere. It's horrifying and really sad, but no offense but this just comes down to people asking oocly if they are of age, you're supposed to get ooc consent anyway. I feel putting an age requirement of 18 like the game is meant for would be a lot more fair than just banning ERP.

The problem with that is it'll fuck with the bottom line of Nervous's money and that's not happening since we all know this community is made up of children and I don't mean that as an insult. But it's definitely a probable solution. Day Z rp had something similar, you had to be seventeen to play but then again that was voice rp so you can know if someone was lying.

You can't expect a minor the age of fourteen to know what the  fuck they're doing. At that age we're sponges and it's very easy to prey on that age group.

Edited by MickeyO
Just now, Mecovy said:

Well if any of the parties are uncomfortable, they should always know they have to right to report and its dealt with instantly. I've dealt with messed up cases in my life, a report like that comes in, its immediately the #1 priority of senior staff. And if things go public, admins know how to deal with that. 

You've clearly never spoken to someone who's been sexually abused as a child. They are a fucking child and you expect them to realize just how fucked up it is that some greasy pedo is rubbing one out to their characters actions. Guess what, they won't realized how damaging that is till much later in life and at that point it's much to late.

You all can hide behind the fact that this is an 18+ game or the fact that the GTAW's terms of service makes them not legally responsibly. But that doesn't mean there isn't a moral responsibility to speak up when abuse of this "roleplay" is happening.

Absolutely nothing of value is lost by banning ERP. You can still RP having a relationship, you can still RP having a family. What it does do is discourage scumbags who deserve the rope from joining this community.

• Applaud 1
Just now, MickeyO said:

The problem with that is it'll fuck with the bottom line of Nervous's money and that's not happening since we all know this community is made up of children and I don't mean that as an insult. But it's definitely a probably solution. Day Z rp had something similar, you had to be seventeen to play but then again that was voice rp so you can know if someone was lying.

i am a child but i understand how its mentally not ok to just play grand theft auto 5 a game that i played thru my childhood while typing with one hand and write out "/me Thrutsts Jane Doe 's pussy with HIS 8 incher.. ." like i seriously dont understand why people even erp in the first place, but even at the end of the day this is the internet and people have there own weird ass fantasy's on here.

• Upvote 1