Should Police Vehicles Be Upgraded?

corsah

What should be changed is how unrealistically cheap they cost to maintain. They pay a few hundred even when their cars already have over ten thousand miles, while we pay tens of thousands of dollars for a three thousand mile maintenance. Either make police cars cost the same as our cars to maintain or make all maintenance cheaper so that we don't have to buy new cars every few weeks.

• Upvote 2
Just now, QuadTurboW16 said:

What should be changed is how unrealistically cheap they cost to maintain. They pay a few hundred even when their cars already have over ten thousand miles, while we pay tens of thousands of dollars for a three thousand mile maintenance. Either make police cars cost the same as our cars to maintain or make all maintenance cheaper so that we don't have to buy new cars every few weeks.

I disagree. If you can't afford to maintain a vehicle - don't own it. I have had my taxi and bike for 4+ months and all together I've spent 1.9k on maintenance. Their job quite literally is almost fully based around driving, while it's up to you as civilian worker or whatever you choose to RP to decide how much you drive. The change was initially put in to add some sort of balance for people that base their whole RP around driving. To add some repercussion, maintenance costs et cetera. Realistically - the government would pay for maintaining the police vehicles and not the officer himself.

50 minutes ago, icarusfeather said:

The Torrence SSO is fast as hell but all other police cars are VERY slow, even with upgrades.

They will try to argue with you that to drive the Torrence you first need special training and it's really slow in corners but in reality it's an extremely fast and balanced vehicle. 

On the other hand, something to consider is that an unrealistic portion of people in this server run from the cops, nearly 100% of them with maxed out vehicles, therefore justifying a maxed out police car.

The Torrence is not a balanced vehicle. It handles like there's a baby large adult panda strapped to the rear that's doing its best to make you spin out every time you try to turn a corner.

• Upvote 1
Just now, r0yal said:

Yes. We can barely keep up to standard cars as it is now; removing any upgrades would simply leave us useless during chases.

I’m not so sure, police cars have always been able to keep up in every chase I’ve been in and that’s not even mentioning the support they have be it through voip communications and additional units including air units.

There's no advantage at all, The only reason they have those upgrades is because they're slow. The only fast vehicle in the fleet is the Interceptor, which is only used by people who undergo training and aren't used on general patrol (Unless you're a member of Traffic Division), If you're not part of said division they're only ever used in the event a vehicle that is currently being pursued is fast... And quite honestly unless you drive the Interceptor daily or have alot of experience with it, it's quite terrible on the corners (it took me a long time to get used to it tbh) - I only ever use the Interceptor when I need access to the ALPR system and even then I take it out when there is no PD online other times I just use a different model or the bike.

Point is, even with our upgrades people don't get an unfair advantage.. Actually PD are still disadvantaged as our vehicles are still slow with upgrades.