Used car dealerships

Aellerix

I think they should be regulated because they're horribly roleplayed rather than because they're profitable in game. 

Cab driving and bartending aren't meant to be profitable lines of work - that's part of what maintains the allure of criminal alternatives. (The other part is profitable criminal roleplay which, beyond gun trading, seems rather lacking.)

Just now, mj2002 said:

How often does this really happen though? 

As far as Drafters go? All the time. You're basically flipping a coin as to whether or not the person trying to sell it to you is trying to scam you. Was way more prevalent when the price change actually happened, though.

4 minutes ago, Pillowy said:

As far as Drafters go? All the time. You're basically flipping a coin as to whether or not the person trying to sell it to you is trying to scam you. Was way more prevalent when the price change actually happened, though.

I think no one will argue against getting this particular issue fixed.

Just now, mj2002 said:

I think no one will argue against getting this particular issue fixed.

Well, it's intentional - the price difference that is. The 150k Drafters or whatever they are, are supposed to be older models. It was specifically done to prevent people from doing this exact scam(buying the old Drafter for 150k then selling it for the new price), but players who joined after the change likely won't know about it unless told.

Just now, Pillowy said:

Well, it's intentional - the price difference that is. The 150k Drafters or whatever they are, are supposed to be older models. It was specifically done to prevent people from doing this exact scam(buying the old Drafter for 150k then selling it for the new price), but players who joined after the change likely won't know about it unless told.

I appreciate that this is an issue, but it seems somewhat separate from this discussion about dealerships and their profits. It's not only Drafters that drive these massive profits.

5 minutes ago, Pillowy said:

130k drafters worth just as much as the 290k ones, and if u report it admins even replace it for you,at least thats what i saw so far.

• 2 weeks later...

There isn't much possibility to "regulate" this that wouldn't harm regular players.

One of the solutions would be to add a tax when you purchase a used vehicle to another player of let's say 4-5% of the MP, which would cut margins of dealerships.

12 hours ago, Nervous said:

There isn't much possibility to "regulate" this that wouldn't harm regular players.

One of the solutions would be to add a tax when you purchase a used vehicle to another player of let's say 4-5% of the MP, which would cut margins of dealerships.

That could work. I don't personally know what the impact would be, but it's definitely realistic and more than nothing.

12 hours ago, Nervous said:

That is a nice idea, but not when people & Dealers included, over value their vehicles and ask beyond /vstats price. I've seen people ask above brand new registered price for a vehicle. If you want to add that percentage of tax, sure, but make it a rule that vehicles must not be sold above /vstats purchased price, because IRL you never see a vehicle sold above it's original brand new price unless it's a one off vehicle, or collectors vehicles which is no longer produced.

But with all honesty that tax should be applied to car dealers if any. Otherwise it will be hurting private sales.

Edited by Vash Baldeus