Used car dealerships

Aellerix

17 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

Then with several employees the profit would be shared, so it does regulate the problem. If then somebody uses alternate characters to just spawn vehicles to do sales then the administrator can easily notice ?

But why not just have something specifically linked to the dealership rather than handling it via player owned vehicles. Let the dealerships actually “own” vehicles. Let employees sell them and receive a % of the profit set by the dealership owner similar to how mechanics do it at garages. Then tax the dealerships per vehicle sale a certain %. 

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, effion said:

There's no need to come at me like that, the assumption was based on the roleplay of your staff members who sell the car on the lot itself saying "documents are on the dashboard" 

How about trying to fix your standards rather than judging my assumptions? If you don't take potential buyers into your office, then how do you expect them to know you even have one? Everytime I've bought a car or seen someone buy a car from here, the deal is done on the lot itself. 

Amazing dude. You falsely accuse two people back to back in this thread of something then insult my dealership calling it "stupid" based on false information. You were straight up wrong and say there is no need to come at you like that? No apology or my bad. Instead you say I shouldn't focus on the false assumptions you made about me. People sometimes.

The reality is people go into certain situations looking for an opportunity for indepth RP, Most people aren't coming to that dealership with that attitude they are just there to buy cars not RP a a dealership. Even recently as yesterday made an effort to make the RP a bit longer and you had a lot of people walk away or moving on before I get a chance to finish my RP car sale. And I would just be adding bullshit to just for the sake of prolonging the RP.

Edited by Power
Just now, Power said:

Amazing dude. You falsely accuse two people back to back in this thread of something then insult my dealership calling it "stupid" based on false information. You were straight up wrong and say there is no need to come at you like that? No apology or my bad. Instead you say I shouldn't focus on the false assumptions you made about me. People sometimes.

The reality is people go into certain situations looking for an opportunity for indepth RP, Most people aren't coming to that dealership with that attitude they are just there to buy cars not RP a a dealership. Even recently as yesterday made an effort to make the RP a bit longer and you had a lot of people walk away or moving on before I get a chance to finish my RP car sale. And I would just be adding bullshit to just for the sake of prolonging the RP.

This thread is not about you or me.

I'm not going to apologize for an assumption that YOUR own dealership has set. Like I've already mentioned the times I've bought from this place or seen people buy from this place, they're never taken to an office. 

The fact that closing a sale is more important to you rather than creating roleplay just shows that my assumption was anyway correct - whether you have an office or not, it's not like you actually you use it for roleplay, because papers with contracts and transaction details are all ready at the dashboard of every car, no?

4 minutes ago, effion said:

This thread is not about you or me.

I'm not going to apologize for an assumption that YOUR own dealership has set. Like I've already mentioned the times I've bought from this place or seen people buy from this place, they're never taken to an office. 

The fact that closing a sale is more important to you rather than creating roleplay just shows that my assumption was anyway correct - whether you have an office or not, it's not like you actually you use it for roleplay, because papers with contracts and transaction details are all ready at the dashboard of every car, no?

That is not how assumptions work my man. I explained already why I don't use the office for sales band acknowledge that I'm going to try to improve the RP quality. Have a good one you are clearly delusion I regret replying back.

Edited by Power
Just now, Power said:

That is not how assumptions work my man. I explained already why I don't use the office for sales. Have a good one you are clearly delusion I regret replying back.

wts dictionary

81Mspgm.png

If you don't roleplay the deals because you're losing sales, you're part of the problem why car dealerships are the least roleplayed business in the whole category of all businesses that exist in GTA:W

10 hours ago, Aellerix said:

That's literally what I said ? That's the whole point of this topic. I was part of the problem, there's no debating that, and if I'm coming forward with our numbers and view on the whole used car dealership industry, I can raise an issue that most people didn't even know was there. Someone like you, with perfectly okay dealerships, wouldn't have a leg to stand on - besides speculation, and other people who are part of this problem would rather enjoy their money and never come forward. It's a similar issue to scripted jobs, it's literally grinding. Something was done about those, something should be done about these as well.

The difference between my lot and thew new ones that opened up, is that my character started off with a completely different drive as to what to do. The reason my character ended up dealing in cars was because of IC events lead my character there. I try my best to keep reasonable prices on both when I buy cars and when I sell cars, trying to make it fair that I get some profit and the buyer feels that he got a good deal, in most cases they do.

Moreover a person here (do not recall his/her name) mentioned Autopia, Automart where people done things that are borderline zero to no Roleplay. Like not even bothering to check the car, or let the buyer know about the car. Unlike what they've done, my character has social life outside car dealing and I make it obvious my lot is not open twenty four seven, my character visits clubs, parties, social gathering of friends and of course she makes new friends along the way. I don't deal in cars just for the money, I enjoy the Roleplay of haggling and dealing in cars in general, the money, well that's a plus. Not to mention the multiple people my character helped with a free or heavily discounted car, or help fund something they wanted to do.

The key is to balance it out, not be too greedy & not grind the same thing just for money with barely any Roleplay in mind.

3 hours ago, Epic said:

But why not just have something specifically linked to the dealership rather than handling it via player owned vehicles. Let the dealerships actually “own” vehicles. Let employees sell them and receive a % of the profit set by the dealership owner similar to how mechanics do it at garages. Then tax the dealerships per vehicle sale a certain %. 

I am not against this idea of allowing Dealership to have their own script, I am against this idea being Forced that every Dealership has to have that script.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Upvote 1

I think it should be some sort of requirement that in order to own a dealership, you must have a script office as well.

Or at the very least, because of the money that they make, set them up as a lease business. It means more work for PM, but once they've got their staff count up again, hopefully it's something they can look into.

The standard for some of the used car dealerships is quite bad and most of the time rushed.

21 hours ago, Jura said:

I think it should be some sort of requirement that in order to own a dealership, you must have a script office as well.

Or at the very least, because of the money that they make, set them up as a lease business. It means more work for PM, but once they've got their staff count up again, hopefully it's something they can look into.

The standard for some of the used car dealerships is quite bad and most of the time rushed.

Perfect example of what I mean by people being critical with having no knowledge of the system in place. Nothing personal man you aren't the only one in this thread to do this but there is already a system in place for that. I'll eloborate

Anyone can open up an illegal dealership just find some random parking lot and start selling cars but you will shutdown fairly quickly by the Department of Finance and risk being fined up to 50k. To run a Dealership legally you have to be registered as a business on the Gov website. In order to register your business you need to list an address and show proof you own it as a lease which usually in the forum of a screenshot of the lease in your UCP. The Business registration only permits you to do your business on that property if there is physically commerce going on. Only way to obtain property for a dealership is through the lease system, admins won't approve property request for dealership atleast not initially. Either be lucky and apply for one of the leases that pop up in the lease request list or find your own spot make a property request and hope it gets approved. If the cap for dealership set by PM is already met then you are SOL.

If you aren't a registered business and just try to start randomly selling cars you will be shut down. That is why you might see some random dealership pop up and then disappear the next day. All the legal dealership you see now PM approved all their leases including myself and we all had to register our business.

Edited by Power