Used car dealerships

Aellerix

46 minutes ago, Aellerix said:

Of course it was nice, I'm not saying that it's not. I also am aware that it was highly unrealistic. Yes, I am banned, for unrelated reasons which still don't change the fact that dealerships are making millions in a matter of days by doing nothing but sit around. So again, I can't see where the connection is. I can bring it up whenever I want and I chose to do so now, then there you go.

And instead of bashing or inciting, you could contribute.

Exactly but the thing is that if a dealership is OOCly forced to buy a vehicle, keep it for a week and only then sell it, there will be the time and space needed for all realistic roleplay to happen (inspecting it, applying the custom dealership plates, maybe taking it to a garage etc.) and the profits will be drastically slowed down, which will bring them to a normal. There's nothing wrong with a few people making millions but 99% of the times, they are not fully developing their characters, but rather have two immigrants arriving to Los Santos and making millions in a week from selling second-hand cars. That's the problem. If the current car rollover if of dozens a vehicle a day, changing that to dozens a week will make everything better.

It is supply and demand but it is also very damaging to the economy.

You're not making any sense, not everyone is making "millions" in a week, trust me, you are clearly trying to blow the profits out of proportion to put them in a bad light.

How is it damaging to the economy? It doesn't inflate it in ANY way, there's no money being spawned and no money being moved out of the server, it's just being transferred from one player to another player.

I'm not going to lie, property management gave out unrealistic lots to a lot of other people that just don't make sense to be dealerships/properties. The only dealership that is currently active that I've seen properly roleplay is the Octavian one, but the rest...

Edited by Rozi

There should be a license you are required to get before opening a dealership, and also an appropriate lot with a building. This is important as it requires people to put in some effort, rather than just buying a few cars, going to an empty parking lot, and throwing up an ad.

I also think there needs to be a restriction for when you can sell a car after buying it, 3 days sounds reasonable.

To me this is mostly an issue of oversight and I think that would slowly fix the other issues. Used car dealerships are not being held to the same standard of RP, it's that simple. However, it's on players to help and report these people when they do sub-standard RP at dealerships. Admins can not be all places at one time and these things tend to slip under the radar after a while, especially with 400-600 people online during peak times. Report car dealerships who sell/buy cars with zero RP or little/half-assed RP. Keep reporting them. There wouldn't be so many fly-by-night dealerships, trust me. 

Car dealership properties should be required to have a building where business can be concluded, the way it would be realistically. Personally the one-two line /me's with the paperwork in the middle of a parking lot is a joke. The standard of RP for these dealerships needs to be much higher. Players need to help Admins by reporting the bad apples. The Admin team needs to have an overall higher standard for who/where/what can be a dealership.

As for the money to be made, it's not realistic but we're not in a realistic economy. Can't blame capitalism for existing in the server, even if they do make a lot of money. Better RP standards would help improve this area as well though.

Edited by Chief

The issue isn't dealerships, it's the player base. People are switching cars almost daily with absolutely no realistic reason besides "I want a new car". It creates an absolutely inflated cash flow each week for dealerships.  Quality management needs to crack down on peoples assets.

There's a guy who lives in my faction apartment building (Each apartment is 45k so even less the a lot of south central) that has probably 4-6 cars including SUV's, sedans and sports cars. When you realize that this is the case for a large chunk of the server's "legal" player base you figure out pretty quick why the economics around dealerships and cars in general are so fucked.

• Upvote 2
On 7/13/2020 at 7:53 PM, goddessoflife said:

Yeah I've attempted to get a building leased with an entire plan, but because there are too many dealerships it was tossed. So those aiming for indoor dealerships don't get a chance as long as there are that many dealerships around anyway. 

@goddessoflife When you said lease in your reply did you actually mean it? Why a lease and not a property request? Leasing have smaller upfront expenses, sure, but in many cases they don't just make up new properties for leasing. If you made a property request you ofc have to pay a up front amount but you'd then have the property, I'm confident had you made a property request and not a lease you could have had it.
In perspective I had my company moved to a new location, I clearly didn't scout the place good enough because next door was a company of same type as mine, so the case of there being too many of the same businesses don't seem to apply here in a case of property request rather than lease.

2 hours ago, StoneFire said:

@goddessoflife When you said lease in your reply did you actually mean it? Why a lease and not a property request? Leasing have smaller upfront expenses, sure, but in many cases they don't just make up new properties for leasing. If you made a property request you ofc have to pay a up front amount but you'd then have the property, I'm confident had you made a property request and not a lease you could have had it.
In perspective I had my company moved to a new location, I clearly didn't scout the place good enough because next door was a company of same type as mine, so the case of there being too many of the same businesses don't seem to apply here in a case of property request rather than lease.

I requested a property but this is their reply.

Hi, apologies but we are only handling dealerships as leases, and currently we have hit the maximum that we are looking to allow. We will however keep you in mind in case we remove one / one closes. Thank you.

8 hours ago, Henning said:

The issue isn't dealerships, it's the player base. People are switching cars almost daily with absolutely no realistic reason besides "I want a new car". It creates an absolutely inflated cash flow each week for dealerships.  Quality management needs to crack down on peoples assets.

There's a guy who lives in my faction apartment building (Each apartment is 45k so even less the a lot of south central) that has probably 4-6 cars including SUV's, sedans and sports cars. When you realize that this is the case for a large chunk of the server's "legal" player base you figure out pretty quick why the economics around dealerships and cars in general are so fucked.

It's pretty annoying that everyone has 10 cars. I try to keep my characters limited to what has a purpose. If it doesn't have a purpose and for some reason I don't want to sell it, then I just never spawn it. My fully legal char has 2 vehicles, one is a bicycle and the other is an Asbo. I see a lot of people with 4+ cars and I just wonder why? What does their character actually need those cars for?

• Applaud 1