An honest discussion about the upcoming election

Trupiano

Oh god, the micromanagement is real. Party Member applications? Party Executive application? Does this mean that the party leader and the party executive can be two completely unrelated people? Why can't we have the third small party as well? How can you apply for a membership without knowing the leader first?  Soo many question... so much scepticism.

Edited by Gambler
  • Applaud 1

Not fully sure of how this system will work, but I reckon a fair bit of thinking has gone into the reasons behind the decisions made. I reckon let's just wait and see how it pans out. I think it does depend on there being a sufficient amount of people readily willing to get involved in political RP, so I guess we'll see!

This gives pretty much zero chance for populist and popular or controvert people to stand out, team up, or independently showcase their political views and measure their appeal IC. It has to completely and unwillingly depend on how a weird whisper in their ears will tell them where they belong and what they can/can't be. I am very much displeased with the system picked.

EDIT: You are giving a big kick to coalitions, independent candidates, radical thinkers, liberal thinkers, and so on and so forth.

Edited by Daquan Kingston
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Applications are now open to run or join a political party.

Political parties will be able to do some of their own recruitment once everything is established - we've chosen this system to help get political parties on the right footing and avoid the complications around starting any faction from scratch by giving as much help as we can in the early days.

Edited by HaveADream

So, every party member, executive and leadership application will be under review by Legal FM and subject to their approval? Huh, this is truly interesting. I always thought once a leader was picked they could decide to run their party as they like within the realistic confines and choose the members and executives of their own party.

Edited by Justitiae
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Justitiae said:

So, every party member, executive and leadership application will be under review by Legal FM and subject to their approval? Huh, this is truly interesting. I always thought once a leader was picked they could decide to run their party as they like within the realistic confines and choose the members and executives of their own party.

Very well said. This whole system is treating you like a younger brother, giving you the controller but not plugging it in the playstation, to let you think you are leading a party or are able to candidate equally.

• Applaud 1

This is too tightly controlled.  It'll never end well and will usually just demotivates the players.  This has been tried and tried again and it'll slow progress if anything.  There needs to be a perfect balance of some oversight, but enough to insure the fair and smooth running of the government.  Looking at this, I wouldn't dare get involved because it's not truly something where you can make a difference.  It sounds more like the management team holding the strings and whoever wins becoming the puppet. 

Edited by Flemwad
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, HaveADream said:

Applications are now open to run or join a political party.

Political parties will be able to do some of their own recruitment once everything is established - we've chosen this system to help get political parties on the right footing and avoid the complications around starting any faction from scratch by giving as much help as we can in the early days.

Can you explain a little more about these roles? What is the role of a party executive and what is the role of a party member? Let's say you wish to have your character involved in the elections, but not necessarily as a candidate. Do you then apply for a role as party executive or party member? 

Party member is just to register interest, it's not mandatory to apply to be a party member now, we don't expect to get too many people doing that. Party Leader will be the main person picked by us and they will be able to elevate others into high positions and recruit whoever they want into their party. The Party Executive role is more there so that we can help put groups of people together that may not know about each other (if they're happy with that of course). 

• mj2002 locked this topic