ULSA - RP?

49 minutes ago, Lucie said:

A good Idea would be making an IC facebrowser group for ULSA students to organize meetings and parties or just chat, before the campus is available

I've set up a community group - https://face.gta.world/ulsacommunity

I've avoided anything specifically focused on a 'students' group at this time because I'd rather it be inclusive of as many players wanting to RP as possible ?

3 hours ago, MrsHamster said:

I know that @Sotario and several other players that RP in my clinic have always wished to eventually initiate University roleplay by teaching there, I know I'd love to teach there myself if such opportunity rises. I think that classes can be arranged, not daily of course but weekly perhaps, have students sign up and show up to class. It can be a good thing if it happens. 

The problem is that it's a game after all and people are here to play and enjoy after their real life classes, they don't want another class in a game. Some would do, but I honestly don't know if enough people would be interested to support such a huge platform. It will require a lot of coordination between the admin team (for supervision, for declaring this as a crime free area), the GOV (for certifications, especially if teaching classes that irl require a certification like medicine, nursing, engineering). A lot of work would be required to make this happen and I don't know if it'll be worth it, if at the end of the day all that students are gonna do is RP on the glass on campus.  

I am definitely very keen on univeristy roleplay. My character was specifically made to be an MD, PsyM with experience as a former Professor (Professor Emerita) in Medicine and Psychology in hopes that eventually I'd be able to move from solely practicing medicine to teaching it, as well as organising/managing other health related courses.

I think the answer to the realism factor in regards to timing and learning is to create the courses with fast-track (only) options, with a fair amount of placement activity with willing related businesses/services. I think when it comes to courses such as Medicine though, perhaps it would be better for them to come in for graduate type courses instead, as they are easier fast-tracked. But that's all debatable and really up to what everyone is happy to allow. Perhaps a poll in that regards? When it comes to learning the material, I think it can be done if sticking to the bare basics and not getting too complicated with the subject matter. Not to mention quite a few graduates leave University IRL feeling unprepared or feel they have a lack of knowledge only experience will provide them, so not providing all RL information ICly wouldn't necessarily be too problematic.

58 minutes ago, Alexandra_Forge said:

Trade schools would be on point... was an idea I had when I was in the union... like ASE certifications for mechanics

Would be neat, I'm sure there's plenty of community members along with me that are actual tradies in real life and wouldn't mind teaching!

There's several people who RP characters who go to college, if the campus turns out as an RP location for college life it'd be pretty cool for the server. I've always wondered why Rockstar mapped a whole university, didn't do anything with it, and left it for some quick Online missions.

This is a very interesting idea - I like that people haven't focused on having classes but instead having the experience be more about 'college' life than college work. One of my favourite things about the illegal role-players is that certain areas function like communities, with the Armenians in Morningwood and the Koreans in Little Seoul. I think, with this, we could see a somewhat 'organic' legal community that kind of functions by itself separately from the rest of the Los Santos County. I think if this could be organised to a point where there's systems, Discords and literature written about the factions purpose, goals and current interest it could result in something really interesting down the line.