Some ideas for scripted jobs that provide roleplay

norrig

Made this as a comment in another thread and got like 3 likes, so I thought it deserved a separate topic. Mods can of course delete this if they disagree.

On 20/11/2017 at 11:18 AM, norrig said:

Basically what we need is more jobs that can't be done solo. Script-wise jobs and businesses that somehow involve other people would be great.  Must have some sort of ooc/script advantage, otherwise pointless.

I got some ideas below:
Garages/mechanics - Remove LS Custom and make modding your car dependent on another mechanic, either with a garage or a towtruck. Would be an actual, viable job for a player. Interesting RP. 
Dynamic trucking - Truckers would actually need to deliver real goods to real people, for example car parts to the mechanic. That means a supply/demand situation would occur.  

Fake ID's dealer - A sidejob or a career for a criminal, would be an illegal job that can create fake id's, and then sell them to other people, for example underage characters looking to hit a club, or criminals wishing to hide their identity.

Tattoo shops - Should not be automatic/always open, should actually depend on a tattoo artist, a real, actual player to apply the tattoos.

Parking inspector - Could be private or a government job. Can ticket people for parking illegally, should get a commission for each fine paid.  Could potentially be a dangerous job. 

Illegal drugs - They need to have an OOC incentive, extra HP,  health regeneration or something. Give an ooc reason to supply/buy them. 

Furniture designer - Half price on furniture or something, can model/design other players houses.

Hotdog seller - Would require a hotdog dog van, can spawn food scriptwise while near his hotdog van.
Fishing crews on boats - Give a percentage boost the more people are on a boat. E.g if 4 people are in the same boat fishing, everyone gets 25% more or something. 

Gym trainers / personal trainers - Can increase other peoples strengh stats scriptwise, would require being in a gym. 

Gym owner - Can hire personal trainers and host events, such as boxing fights.
Marijuana grower - Make it separate from the supplier job. Can grow marijuana plants inside a building. 

Gadget supplier - Can sell gps trackers and moles/bugs 

Pastor/priest - Can enter the churches and use /hlock on them. Could hold ceremonies, funerals or wed people. 

Motel/hotel owner - Can rent out rooms for a week or days at a time  Fake ID's could be used to hide identity if renting for illegal purposes. 
Bartender - Can spawn/buy drinks and pass/sell them to players. Could be hired at clubs or private events.  

Also, make ALL businesses playerowned, with a need for supplies. Makes no sense to have server owned shops. And I do include 24/7's / clothing stores.  

Also, change the money:
Spawn with 20.000 first time, so you can actually afford to change your skin/clothing when you join. 
Increase unemployment from 250 to 500.
Decrease start-up bonus from 5000 to 2500.

Oh and while i'm at it, i'm just gonna plug another thread i made in the weekend that haven't received a reply yet, show me some love on this thread too thanks

Garages/mechanics - I find it hard to agree, atleast not with the current playerbase.

Dynamic trucking - Sadly, too complicated and not very necessary + truckers will have enough job, I bet they will deliver goods to biz owned by real people.

Fake ID's dealer - Semi supporting. This is a heavy based role play around, doing such jobs like scripted illegal jobs are a bit under rated, I believe some official illegal factions may do such things, and yet this is not that necessary.

Tattoo shops - Not supporting to close the NPC tattoo shop, you won't always get people to make you a tattoo. Perhaps if there are some unique tattoos I'd apply them to official factions like a pepper spray in other server's, but not generally supporting this idea.

Parking inspector - That's a part of the PD job.

Illegal drugs - Agree, all kind type s of drugs shall give you some kind of script based benefit.

Furniture designer - Perhaps there may be a command that allows other players to design your property.
Hotdog seller - It's can be easily done without need to script a job for that, but I'd agree with it since you need to buy your own truck for that, so I may support this.

Fishing crews on boats - supporting, fishers onboat shall get a bigger amount of LBS (Bigger fishes) and this way gets paid more.

Gym trainers / personal trainers - May be done IC without need to script, not supporting. every small thing to script is quite useless. But I'd support to create a gym system with strengeth that gives you some /upgrade strengeth points to have a rather powerful punches, or even create visible muscles if it's ever possible, which is not.

Marijuana grower - semi-support, a "supplier" is actually the grower by himself so it could be used in 1 job, but I may agree somewhat in having 2 seperated jobs.

Gadget supplier - 50/50, may support but I'd recommend to open an NPC shop with random electronics, since a detective job is only in the PD.

Pastor/priest - Absolutely useless, 

Bartender - I do support it but why a scripted job is needed for that.

"Also, make ALL businesses playerowned, with a need for supplies. Makes no sense to have server owned shops. And I do include 24/7's / clothing stores.  " - Already in progress and mentioned by Nervous.

I'm not a negative person, i'm very open minded and welcome person, I just don't believe scripters shall waste their time scripting every tiny script, especially things that can be roleplayed without need a script. Too many line codes in the script is not very needed.

• Wisci locked this topic