Mod Launcher - Rage 1.1 [DLC.RPF FILES ONLY!]

SkaliX2

On 9/1/2020 at 7:10 AM, Firesky said:

You don't even need a mod loader, you can simply create a text file in the main Rage-MP folder named 'dont-remove-expired-clientside-packages.txt' and it won't delete your mods anymore, works the same way as before, works regardless if it's a 0.3.7 server or 1.1.

nah bro, dlc packs getting removed that doesn't matter

On 9/15/2020 at 9:57 PM, Jennie said:

1.1 servers don't allow using mods using the dlcpacks folder, not even using modlauncher, unfortunately.

1.1 allows it, this has been tested and worked, just by installing the mods the old regular way.
Simply put a txt file with the name "dont-remove-expired-clientside-packages.txt" in your RageMP root.

You gotta know what folder you have to put the mods into since  all folders will be having encrypted names, they won't use the same folders that we use currently, thats the reason 1.1 reinstalls the entire server into a different folder which means the mods need to be located in that same different folder.

You don't need the loader either if you use this method, which means faster game load times for some people.

This method works on both 0.3.7 and 1.1, though RageMP might remove the option for the .txt but I have my doubts on that.

Edited by Sterren
3 hours ago, Sterren said:

1.1 allows it, this has been tested and worked, just by installing the mods the old regular way.
Simply put a txt file with the name "dont-remove-expired-clientside-packages.txt" in your RageMP root.

You gotta know what folder you have to put the mods into since  all folders will be having encrypted names, they won't use the same folders that we use currently, thats the reason 1.1 reinstalls the entire server into a different folder which means the mods need to be located in that same different folder.

You don't need the loader either if you use this method, which means faster game load times for some people.

This method works on both 0.3.7 and 1.1, though RageMP might remove the option for the .txt but I have my doubts on that.

I've tried using my LAROADS mod when GTAW was being tested in 1.1 and it didn't work, I also have the .txt created.

When I say 1.1 I mean 1.1, server and client, GTAW main server now uses 0.3.7 and yes, you can use mods, but you can't use them on GTAW 1.1 or any other server on 1.1.

Edited by Jennie
On 9/17/2020 at 3:13 PM, Jennie said:

I've tried using my LAROADS mod when GTAW was being tested in 1.1 and it didn't work, I also have the .txt created.

When I say 1.1 I mean 1.1, server and client, GTAW main server now uses 0.3.7 and yes, you can use mods, but you can't use them on GTAW 1.1 or any other server on 1.1.

It worked a few versions back on 1.1!  And I mean 1.1 client and server.
You just drop the folders with the dlc.rpf into the new server folder within the client_resources and it works, well it worked maybe that's been changed.

I prefer installing the mods in my GTA folder anyway.

Edited by Sterren
10 hours ago, Sterren said:

It worked a few versions back on 1.1!  And I mean 1.1 client and server.
You just drop the folders with the dlc.rpf into the new server folder within the client_resources and it works, well it worked maybe that's been changed.

I prefer installing the mods in my GTA folder anyway.

I've been testing in local and nothing worked.

Tried:

Dragging the DLC folder in: C:\RAGEMP\client_resources\server

Dragging the DLC folder in: C:\RAGEMP\client_resources\server\dlcpacks even when on 1.1 aren't needed.

Encrypting the DLC.

Installing LAROADs in my gta folder takes a lot of work, because I have to find and modify more than 1 .rpf, LAROADS contains more than +2000 files.

Edited by Jennie
  • Monster. locked and unpinned this topic