Relationship RP

Lucie

Relationship RP  

405 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I find it hard to pursue relationships simply cause people do not know who or what Bishibosh is.

On more serious note, I don't play daily and I tend to take looong breaks from roleplaying so I see no point in keeping an IC relationship.

Edited by Engelbert
19 minutes ago, shrike. said:

what'd you tag me fo-

What the. No one should ever ERP just because it's fun. It's not fun. ERP is a sin. Quit it. 

Relationship RP is a necessary evil. As long as it comes close to ERP but doesn't go into ERP then that's fine.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
44 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I find it hard to pursue relationships simply cause people do not know who or what Bishibosh is.

On more serious note, I don't play daily and I tend to take looong breaks from roleplaying so I see no point in keeping an IC relationship.

He's an important Fallen in the Diablo lore, probably second only to Rakanishu  the traitor that lead to the creation of the Fallen as a whole. Are we dating now? @Engelbert

Edited by Jedbediah

Personally dont mind it, what I do mind is people discussing it oocly as I find that creepy personally (I.e your 'partner' messaging you asking you to go ig, or discussing anything which happened icly in an ooc manner). Relationship RP should be kept absolutely 100% IC but many people seem to forget that in my opinion. 

Edited by Mecovy
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Wirbelwind said:

It contributes to my character's story, so I do it. It is, after all, roleplaying. But I also understand people who don't wish to roleplay such things or have no interest in them.

E: Of course, this goes without saying — it's only done if the characters truly click. I don't go out of my way looking for it.

Pretty much sums up my view on the topic. I don't try to force it, but if it happens, then sure. I'm all about organically created character progression.

Relationship RP is fine. I personally do it if it adds to development and makes sense to my character to engage in one. What sucks is when people get too attached to the point they mix every minor IC thing OOC, usually ending in drama and pointless arguments. On top of that, what seems to be a great OOC friendship often tends to turn into hate/disgust against each other when IC couples break up. I'm not saying it happens to everyone, but it's a common occurrence, sadly.

Edited by Shaderz
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

Personally dont mind it, what I do mind is people discussing it oocly as I find that creepy personally (I.e your 'partner' messaging you asking you to go ig, or discussing anything which happened icly in an ooc manner). Relationship RP should be kept absolutely 100% IC but many people seem to forget that in my opinion. 

I disagree. Romantic relationships are just like any others in regards to ooc, require some coordination to say the least as we're not all the time in the game.  On example is big events happening - they can be crucial points in an ic relationship just like in real life.
The boundaries of the ooc communication can be set and the story dissolved if one or both are not comfortable with it or whatnot.

• Upvote 1