Relationship RP

Lucie

Relationship RP  

405 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Captain said:

Man, my character be fuckin. But in all seriousness in my experience, if you're working on something with the other character whether it be a faction or businesss, etc it could be fun as hell and dynamic.

This right here, it adds a whole new dynamic especially if you’re working with them. 

Edited by Naeno

Yeah, If my character build enough trust and experience with another person, they will go for it. What does bother me sometimes is how some people catch feelings way to quickly. Like, they meet the first day and then at the second day they are already in a relationship or more. And it can happen IRL don't get me wrong, but not that often. 

Edited by Brujah

Well for me it's something I do occasionally but as many say, my characters are not out there all day seeking relationships or sex. It is sure fun and nice roleplaying together with someone if of course your character is compatible with the other. About ERP really - if it happens then it happens, currently one of my characters is in a 1 year relationship (yes 1 entire real life year) and overall ERP is done only for the development of the characters.

I like relationship RP but will never go out of my way for it strictly, on the internet.

Edited by R0xx0r

It was kind of fun when I first got into high-RP, however as the time went by and I got more experienced (as well as grown up) I started to find it unnecessary, repetitive and extremely cringey. 

I do understand where the people that wish to engage into it come from, though.

Nowadays, if I were into do something of this sort, it would only be if the other party entirely agreed to NPC all the "relationship RP" parts and simply kept the titles (married, engaged etc.), for character development or social status purposes.

EDIT: An opinion;

I find the argument that it is done for "realism" weak. It is a completely optional kind of RP and getting into it requires trying to get into it, both ICly and OOCly. If the game was 1000% about realism there would be absolutely no restrictions, however there are to ensure that the player feels comfortable playing here (i.e. rape etc.)

I think it's more appropriate to merge questions 2 and 3 into one, with 2 being the one asked. 

Edited by DionGR
Added some food for thought.
  • Upvote 1

Connections are connections. Rp requires two people to collaborate and as far as I'm concerned I just react as my character would react. If there is something my character would do but I oocly am not comfortable with, fading to black/fast forwarding can usually be used to keep consistency.

That said sometimes there are things that may break the character or that would make playing the consequences of a choir to do realistically so I understand avoiding those things for that reason.

Ultimately to me it's a game and for some ppl realism is part of the challenge, for other people it's not. I feel like sometimes an ooc discussion of that/expectations should be had in order to be considerate of how another persons story will be effected if things go wrong. 

Never found any joy from IC relationships. They always seem cringey to me. I have it written into my characters backstory that he has a wife (NPC). If the rules allowed it I'd make his wife an alt account. Aside from that I have no interest in doing family RP stuff.