The recent riots

xdthe

40 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

Imagine burning down the city because a mixed race cop said the N word without a hard R. Obligatory "we're a heavy roleplay server". 

https://streamable.com/f0upqj

^^ Not my meme btw

This x24. People started throwing hands and charging a police line empty handed or armed with hammers because a black-mexican deputy from Davis said 'nigga'. Goes to show that people only need petty excuses to go around DMing and instigating fights.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Gryphboi said:

This x24. People started throwing hands and charging a police line empty handed or armed with hammers because a black-mexican deputy from Davis said 'nigga'. Goes to show that people only need petty excuses to go around DMing and instigating fights.

How'd you expect them to know he was black-mexican? lol get outta here with these lame excuses, nobody DMed, the cops were the only people shooting.

• Upvote 1

I speak solely on my own personal opinion on the riots from a point of view as one of the LSPD officers that played a role in the roleplay tonight. It was engaging, nerve-racking and for the most part extremely interesting, good fun. I wasn't aware of the reason for the initial spark of these "Peaceful protests" turned riots but when arriving to the situation outside city-hall the scenes were immersive and refreshing to see. 

Scenes such as protests or even riots are a world wide event, they exist and as of late are happening for a multitude of reasons. I'm glad this one in question was sparked from what a member of the Sheriff's Department had allegedly done. Apart from the small hiccups from some members of this community that took things a little OTT and were swiftly dealt with by staff, it was an all-round interesting event for all sides in the legal vs illegal realm. 

It's never always about illegal roleplayers versus the LSPD or SD for that matter. You have normal, everyday LEGAL roleplayers joining in on the protests, staging a line infront of officers to have their IC voice heard, it was interesting to see. Unfortunately with this being a text based roleplay server, everything is done in delay so the actions of some people can't properly be displayed or counteracted through text based roleplay.

20 minutes ago, Jola said:

I mean there's a lot of roleplay opportunities, I saw a clip where PD was upset about it, list goes on. I don't get why people think RP should just be one way the clique get online, sell drugs, shoot people, open a business, do chases and traffic stops etc. I'm glad that it was an SD dude because I know they'll roleplay around it, its what they do.

I'm going to bold and highlight a few key points on what you mentioned in your original post. You're partly the reason for my response here on this thread but I come with good intentions. I truly believe in most cases, factions on both the legal and illegal side get bad exposure through roleplay situations. You're only privvy to I'd say around 45% of the actual roleplay involving Officers and likewise for us when it comes to dealing with illegal roleplayers. We know very little of the character development you've taken your character through and that of the roleplay AFTER your interaction with us has finished. 

Which brings me onto this point. After being let free from city-hall, I returned back to the Mission Row precinct with other officers involved, sporting and displaying my characters "war wounds" from the evenings events. I witnessed Officers huddled inside and outside of the station, displaying injuries and going through emotion of the event that had occurred.  

Why am I mentioning this? Because I feel the statement provided above is unfair however I understand why it's said, I don't know what YOU did after the riots nor do you know what I did after the riots. See where the confusion can be displayed? 

However, I can simply only point out that whilst witnessing Officers roleplaying through both emotion and distress, it once again gave a massive immersion booster for the upcoming events to follow whatever may be of this situation. 

Some may believe the riots were a bad idea but I am simply not one of those people, I thank and reach out to the administrative staff that took the time and effort to overwatch the scene, allowing for the roleplay to flow with minimal disruption and I welcome the future interaction this roleplay will provide further civilians against Law Enforcement whilst it's reported across social media platforms and the IC news.  We're all here for the same reason and that's to build a story through means of interaction and events.

Edited by Lewwwy
  • Upvote 8
6 minutes ago, Jola said:

How'd you expect them to know he was black-mexican? lol get outta here with these lame excuses, nobody DMed, the cops were the only people shooting.

Well we have /examine for a reason. I'm not sure if the guys /attributes had it set but it's obvious he's not sour cream white just by looking at his character. And actually, this all started because Tayvion Dawson decided to throw a punch at the mixed-race cop as he was walking away. Then everybody just started brawling. Hell I was standing out of the pile off to the side and some dude swung at me with a hammer. I said nothing to anybody the whole time and was just standing chilling out yet I guess he decides it's a worthy cause to (attempt to) murder a random cop? Sounds pretty DMy to me unless he had some kind of reason for why swinging on my character with a hammer was necessary. 

https://streamable.com/jvs1x9

Edited by SugarDavis
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Lewwwy said:

I speak solely on my own personal opinion on the riots from a point of view as one of the LSPD officers that played a role in the roleplay tonight. It was engaging, nerve-racking and for the most part extremely interesting, good fun. I wasn't aware of the reason for the initial spark of these "Peaceful protests" turned riots but when arriving to the situation outside city-hall the scenes were immersive and refreshing to see. 

Scenes such as protests or even riots are a world wide event, they exist and as of late are happening for a multitude of reasons. I'm glad this one in question was sparked from what a member of the Sheriff's Department had allegedly done. Apart from the small hiccups from some members of this community that took things a little OTT and were swiftly dealt with by staff, it was an all-round interesting event for all sides in the legal vs illegal realm. 

It's never always about illegal roleplayers versus the LSPD or SD for that matter. You have normal, everyday LEGAL roleplayers joining in on the protests, staging a line infront of officers to have their IC voice heard, it was interesting to see. Unfortunately with this being a text based roleplay server, everything is done in delay so the actions of some people can't properly be displayed or counteracted through text based roleplay.

I'm going to bold and highlight a few key points on what you mentioned in your original post. You're partly the reason for my response here on this thread but I come with good intentions. I truly believe in most cases, factions on both the legal and illegal side get bad exposure through roleplay situations. You're only privvy to I'd say around 45% of the actual roleplay involving Officers and likewise for us when it comes to dealing with illegal roleplayers. We know very little of the character development you've taken your character through and that of the roleplay AFTER your interaction with us has finished. 

Which brings me onto this point. After being let free from city-hall, I returned back to the Mission Row precinct with other officers involved, sporting and displaying my characters "war wounds" from the evenings events. I witnessed Officers huddled inside and outside of the station, displaying injuries and going through emotion of the event that had occurred.  

Why am I mentioning this? Because I feel the statement provided above is unfair however I understand why it's said, I don't know what YOU did after the riots nor do you know what I did after the riots. See where the confusion can be displayed? 

However, I can simply only point out that whilst witnessing Officers roleplaying through both emotion and distress, it once again gave a massive immersion booster for the upcoming events to follow whatever may be of this situation. 

Some may believe the riots were a bad idea but I am simply not one of those people, I thank and reach out to the administrative staff that took the time and effort to overwatch the scene, allowing for the roleplay to flow with minimal disruption and I welcome the future interaction this roleplay will provide further civilians against Law Enforcement whilst it's reported across social media platforms and the IC news.  

I don't care what you did in all honestly, if you're roleplaying around it good for you, good job! This wan't a jab at LSPD. I'm talking from experience and giving my point of view. I know based on MY experience that SD will RP around it.

Just now, SugarDavis said:

Well we have /examine for a reason. I'm not sure if the guys /attributes had it set but it's obvious he's not sour cream white just by looking at his character. And actually, this all started because Tayvion Dawson decided to throw a punch at the mixed-race cop as he was walking away. Then everybody just started brawling. Hell I was standing out of the pile off to the side and some dude swung at me with a hammer. I said nothing to anybody the whole time and was just standing chilling out yet I guess he decides it's a worthy cause to (attempt to) murder a random cop? Sounds pretty DMy to me unless he had some kind of reason for why swinging on my character with a hammer was necessary. 

I mean anyone whose watched the news in America over the past month knows what's been going on with the police n' shit. Relax.

I did my best to provide realistic, enjoyable roleplay from the protester side. For instance, it was the dead of night so I decided to turn my high beams on and attempt to blind the police officers who were blocking off the entrance to the gas station. Unfortunately, only one or two of the five or six officers in the line decided to actually roleplay it, even after I had done multiple /me lines explaining what I was doing.

I suppose roleplaying any sort of human weakness is frowned upon. 

I'm also quite disappointed that a cop who shot into a group of protesters who killed someone managed to get the situation voided even though we'd been roleplaying around the death for upwards of twenty minutes. I wish we could keep things IC for once. What can you do, I guess. Cops can do no wrong.

However, I will not generalize the entire group and I'd love to give props to the officers present at the city hall occupation who roleplayed properly and made the situation as enjoyable as it was. @Lewwwy for instance. Great job and thanks man!

Edited by Dom.
little bit
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

One of the cops who murdered George Floyd was black and I didn't even want to use that example because I don't want to downplay a serious situation over a stupid game. Just goes to prove that the issue was with the police and not the individual, an on duty cop should not be saying the n word in any capacity to a LARGE GROUP of African Americans.

Edited by Jola

SugarDavis: Parcitipates in shooting someone over a brawl which then organically turned into a riot
Also SugarDavis: WTF YOU CANT ATTACK US THATS DM

Glad majority of PD and FD dont share this dudes opinion. I could also be sitting her complaining about PD shooting someone over punching instead of tazing/using a baton, but I wont because it was IC and Id treat it as an in character problem which resulted in a riot instead of crying about it ooc

• Upvote 1
Just now, Shekh said:

SugarDavis: Parcitipates in shooting someone over a brawl which then organically turned into a riot
Also SugarDavis: WTF YOU CANT ATTACK US THATS DM

Glad majority of PD and FD dont share this dudes opinion. I could also be sitting her complaining about PD shooting someone over punching instead of tazing/using a baton, but I wont because it was IC and Id treat it as an in character problem which resulted in a riot instead of crying about it ooc

The thing is, it's only taken OOC when the cops do something wrong or something stupid. Case in point, a cop firing into a crowd. They played it off as "desync" when he hit someone and voided it. Isn't firing into a crowd a stupid thing to do in the first place? I wish people would keep stuff IC more often and deal with the IC consequences and not scramble to avoid repercussions so often.

• Groz locked this topic