Shut down inactive factions (Be more strict)

MickeyO

On 7/5/2020 at 1:25 AM, Sm1ley said:

Honestly, I think both FM and faction leaders should be more strict on screenshots. I've been in numerous factions were posting screens wasn't even mandatory because of laziness. I think FM should crack down more on this aswell since factions are taking up space without contributing for the forums or server.

Lol so according to you if a member is fairly active, showing their face and creating good scenes but not posting screenshots you kick them? 

Can screens me encouraged by a faction? Sure, and I'm certain most factions do that.

Making it /mandatory/?

Man people this game for fun, and not to be governed by OOC regulations. One may be busy enough IRL and barely have time to roleplay let alone edit screenshots, would you not let them roleplay in your faction because it is mandatory to push content?

And if you think showcasing rp on forums is contributing to the server more than actually roleplaying and creating storylines, you're very mistaken my friend.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:52 PM, Arielle said:

No support, they could be active in game but not post screenshots for reasons of privacy or lack of content that they think it interesting. Maybe they don't all want to post repetitive screens of members robbing people or selling drugs, they can still be active on the server instead of rping only for screenshots.

On 7/6/2020 at 6:23 AM, bidi bidi bom bom said:

The screenshot RP mentality is honestly a very poor one. I'd much rather in-game activity dominating the activity barrier than thread activity, as the the in-game activity stands up more against thread activity anyways... there's a reason factions need to be accepted and scripted in, because FM can check faction in-game activity bars on a bi-monthly basis. 

The factions that were more driven by screenshots and not over all roleplay (not to bash), tended to have less quality RP in-game behind the scenes than the factions who focused more on over all roleplay. Screenshot RP is a really bad habit that needs to be rebelled against, as in my opinion not everyone is going to want to edit screens and honestly I only screenshot roleplay when I need to... forcing people to screenshot every single thing isn't going to make anything better than it already was, in-fact it'll do quite the opposite.

I like how it is at the moment, where everything stands because honestly? It feels like it's optional to be screenshot driven or activity driven via in-game, which is a nice balance to have... for those who love doing their screenshots and those who love roleplaying more than editing and edit when they want to.

These two response hit the nail on the head further in addition to what I've said before.

• Upvote 2
On 7/5/2020 at 2:45 PM, Sm1ley said:

i think this is mostly aimed towards illegal factions tho, theres a lot of illegal factions that barely post at all and thus not contributing to forums or server really. 

and blaming it on metagaming is retarded. if u know surely someone metagamed ur thread to get a advantage over you, report em. 

factions who do not post shouldn't be a faction at all.

onto the legal factions.

lone businesses shouldn't be a faction. fine if its a company that runs businesses or clubs but things like the orthodox church or whatever shouldn't have a full blown faction thread and shouldn't instead maybe be put in a “businesses” thread or something

You don't know what you're talking about. I can say for a fact that many factions feel restricted with posting cause of metagame, if you had ever been in a situation like that, you wouldnt post a comment like that. It's almost impossible winning a report against LEO factions, even when you show evidence of MG, staff will eight out of ten times still rule it an ic issue cause there needs to be no doubt about the MG when they take decisions on those type of factions. 

My faction as an example were heavily restricted with their screenshots, during several periods due to us wanting to counter MG. If you have ever been targeted by those factions, using your thread as a way to fight against you, you'd understand. 

On topic: There should be ways for FM to check activity for factions, however the five day post rule is not enforced for a reason, the rule is old and only results in people circumventing the rule by posting poor quality screens or just random pictures/videos. I do however agree with the topic that there needs to be some way for FM to check factions activity but several factors should be taken into account, such as faction quality, amount of members and the quality of their roleplay, IRL responsibilities and other things. It should not be based on the amount of screenshots you post though, many factions regulate the posts on their thread to counter MG, as I mentioned before and to maintain a high quality view of their factions on the thread.

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
On 7/9/2020 at 4:59 AM, Vindus said:

It's almost impossible winning a report against LEO factions, even when you show evidence of MG, staff will eight out of ten times still rule it an ic issue cause there needs to be no doubt about the MG when they take decisions on those type of factions. 

Just wanna build on this.

You either get 'It's an IC issue', 'Go to IA about it, it's an IC issues' or 'use the courts, it's an ic issue'. Not to mention that almost every report against a cop gets locked and handled behind the scenes by LFM.

Oh I also distinctly remember when GDMC filed two or three lawsuits against PD for a multitude of reasons (One of them being a cop just ignoring a stoplight and VDMing a biker) and staff stepped in and set an OOC limit for how much you can sue them for. So what's the point of going through the courts if they are protected by OOC rules.

I'd love to post screenshots of everything I'm doing, I want to be able to showcase every aspect of my faction to the community. But like Vindus said, time and time again criminal screens and criminal characters are MGed to shit by LEO factions and that heavily discourages people from posting screenshots of their RP.

3 hours ago, Henning said:

Just wanna build on this.

You either get 'It's an IC issue', 'Go to IA about it, it's an IC issues' or 'use the courts, it's an ic issue'. Not to mention that almost every report against a cop gets locked and handled behind the scenes by LFM.

Oh I also distinctly remember when GDMC filed two or three lawsuits against PD for a multitude of reasons (One of them being a cop just ignoring a stoplight and VDMing a biker) and staff stepped in and set an OOC limit for how much you can sue them for. So what's the point of going through the courts if they are protected by OOC rules.

I'd love to post screenshots of everything I'm doing, I want to be able to showcase every aspect of my faction to the community. But like Vindus said, time and time again criminal screens and criminal characters are MGed to shit by LEO factions and that heavily discourages people from posting screenshots of their RP.

I'm pretty sure one post  per five days is not hurting anyone, besides. I noticed the IFM is cracking down on it so we're gucci.

Edited by MickeyO
  • mj2002 locked this topic