[DISCORD] Allow posting of GTA.World links without having to be donator

effion

Short description: Allow posting links with the domain gta.world in the discord

Detailed description: Really no need for detail for this

Commands to add: Change the bot that auto-deletes links

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? I don't see a reason why the links of the official website/forums itself are restricted. If the link itself is of gta.world then I don't see why/how it is malicious.

Additional information: It would help people like me being able to help people in #newbie-help or #support without having to buy donators lol

Edited by effion

I'm not sure if our discord handles the links per the bots or if the server handles it by the role's permissions..
I'm almost positive the role's permissions are what handle it. Doing it this way I don't think there is a way to filter which links are posted afaik.

I don't think it's more of a feature of being a donor.
If trolls came into the discord and discovered they could post links there.. They would.
It just helps slow down malicious links is all.

Just my input ?

23 minutes ago, Bash said:

I'm not sure if our discord handles the links per the bots or if the server handles it by the role's permissions..
I'm almost positive the role's permissions are what handle it. Doing it this way I don't think there is a way to filter which links are posted afaik.

If trolls came into the discord and discovered they could post links there.. They would.

Just my input ?

But I'm asking to allow only links with domain gta.world - like lspd.gta.world or lssd.gta.world or forum.gta.world etc.

If its possible, then great. But Bash is usually right, this looks like a user group permissions solution currently in place. Not a big chance of being able to filter links by domain.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aellerix said:

It does make sense but I can see this being abused in some way - people promoting their own factions, businesses, suggestions etc.

they can be dealt with very easily, the only reason I asked for this is because if someone who is not donator wants to direct a new player to a certain resource on GTA.World, he physically can't do that.

Anyway, I'm not pushing for this suggestion anymore, the team isn't interested to enforce it. Just get donator easy.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:22 AM, Bash said:

Just my input ?

+

This has been asked about before and the answer is simple.

With over 10,000 discord members in our discord we can easily get trolls, they’ll then have the ability to spam links, and many more things. 

Trolls won’t donate to be annoying.