Los Santos Aviation Administration

TheCHcuky

I don't think a teamspeak server/channel would be necessary for ATC. Routine traffic and operations can easily be coordinated over the in-game radio. But apart from that, considering the interest there is around aviation roleplay on GTAW, I would agree that having air traffic controllers on the frequency would allow for a more immersive and thorough experience.

As an AvGeek - I would love to see all that in-game.

However, I don't think people appreciate current aviation RP that much and we won't have enough personnel to cover all positions required for ensuring the airport service.

Also I agree on both audio and text ATC, as the owner of the thread stated - all pilots should be on TS3 channel/freq to be aware about the traffic, but they can decide either to use text or audio for communication with ATC.

+ how we gonna track airplanes in the air? Is there some kind of radar IG already? Or is there a possibility to get that using some kind of external software?

Anyway, +1

Edited by Matuze

Could I get a show of hands (( React to this post here )) on how many of you would be applying for the faction once our first application wave is opened? Curious to know how many we can get in this first application wave. 

Est. time for first recruitment wave should be around mid- Octoberish. 

• Upvote 3

Supporting this suggestion. I would love to see enhanced ATC and aviation roleplay in the server. However, if someone is interested in this environment but doesn't have enough money to afford an aircraft (which is quite usual) it's pointless to get an actual ATC. Most of the controlled traffic would be BAT (LSPD, LSSD) and HEMS (LSFD) and some spare GAT here and there, so probably only a class G airspace assignment would fit the server, nothing more.

If server's management accepts the idea of "lowering aircraft price" and people with an interest and a proper character development has the opportunity to buy an aircraft getting a slightly busy airspace then this suggestion is surely exciting. 

Whatever happens, keep up the great work @TheCHcuky !

• Upvote 1
On 9/21/2020 at 12:43 PM, Scarlatti said:

Supporting this suggestion. I would love to see enhanced ATC and aviation roleplay in the server. However, if someone is interested in this environment but doesn't have enough money to afford an aircraft (which is quite usual) it's pointless to get an actual ATC. Most of the controlled traffic would be BAT (LSPD, LSSD) and HEMS (LSFD) and some spare GAT here and there, so probably only a class G airspace assignment would fit the server, nothing more.

If server's management accepts the idea of "lowering aircraft price" and people with an interest and a proper character development has the opportunity to buy an aircraft getting a slightly busy airspace then this suggestion is surely exciting. 

I mean to be fair it would be also cool to make an Airline thing possible

On 9/21/2020 at 5:43 AM, Scarlatti said:

There are ways to fly for cheap though. :)

• mj2002 locked this topic