Los Santos Aviation Administration

TheCHcuky

23 hours ago, SpritDodo said:

So I must admit your idea would be really nice, as a guy who dremt about becoming a pilot irl it would be really nice. Two problems though:

1. As said there's not really that much of an aerial traffic since not many have the possibility to purchase or fly a plane.

2. Being a text based server it would need a custom teamspeak server or something so instead of writing you could talk. I've seen a video of police officers doing such thing as you might understand in a pursuit you can't stop, write and then ingage again without losing the suspect. Same thing goes for planes, you can't lose time writing something and then find yourself flying over the Airport because it took you too much time to write.

Then it seems to me that aircraft prices need to change. I would suggest using this as a template of all the prices. Obviously not all the aircraft on this list will be implemented, but at least the prices seem reasonable. It took me a while to get up to 300K and that's just to get a plane, not go through the training process which is the other issue. If their is someone on the other end of the radio then it will create a challenge and make it a bit more interesting for the pilots as now they have to follow a set procedure as well as understand the set procedure. 

Template: https://www.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Planes

So in short:

1) Implement ATC 

2) Aviation Pricing. 

3) More instructors for all time zones. 

Edited by TheCHcuky
On 7/27/2020 at 11:16 AM, SpritDodo said:

You can't lose time writing something and then find yourself flying over the Airport because it took you too much time to write.

Perhaps we could propose a thing where once you enter the tower environment / ground you need to use teamspeak. Seems very interesting!! 

Just now, TheCHcuky said:

Perhaps we could propose a thing where once you enter the tower environment / ground you need to use teamspeak. Seems very interesting!! 

True! Teamspeaks as radio frequencies use also flying simulation communities all over the world

4 hours ago, TheCHcuky said:

Would be a neat idea.

Not "Forced" though. Just supported. So a controller would check both chat and audio. The only bad side of this, is if a player uses teamspeak, and the other pilot isn't on teamspeak. He'll never hear his comms!

Perhaps could only be a thing when the tower is active. In other cases, you type ingame!

• Upvote 2

Thank you everyone for the support / feed back. 

To assist faction management in the upcoming discussion I want to get a community wide opinion about adding the teamspeak aspect of air traffic control. 

In my opinion I think this would be a good option given that pilots could fly and talk at the same time while instead of typing while diving to their death. With that main reason in mind this would avoid a lot of unintentional crashes / voided Role plays. Comparing this idea to LEO role play I specifically had an interest back in my LSRP days because of the TAC channels / situations. It made the police role play twice as interesting. I think the same can be said about having a working teamspeak channel dedicated for tower / enroute environment. 

Lastly, pilots who do not want to speak in the channel would have to type instead as well as having ATC give them a typed messaged as well, but they are required to also be in the teamspeak channel so that they can properly monitor the traffic environment. I think enforcing it should happen just not the talking aspect for the pilots who do not want to speak on teamspeak, but they must connect / monitor the frequency. I think this would be a fair trade if implemented, as well as interesting. 

For PD/SD it’s a simple cleated for take off than frequency changed approved if a TAC channel happens since you cannot be in more than 1 channel at a time. 

Thoughts???

Edited by TheCHcuky
  • mj2002 locked this topic