Los Santos Aviation Administration

TheCHcuky

• 3 weeks later...

Definately think this would be cool, it would bring more RP to the server and would help to boost the aviation part of the server, meaning things like LAFD's LifeFlight and LAPD's Air One would have someone to talk to and confirm their flight details with to be logged instead of just talking over /atc to no-one.

Really hope this goes ahead, will definatly bring some new jobs and help improve aviation RP for the better.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Fergie said:

The questions is; do enough people have aircraft for this to benefit the server? I rarely see any helicopters or planes in the sky. And when I do, it's usually the LSPD.

I'll be honest and not sugar coat it @Fergie. From what I witness so far in the server the answer is simply no. I think starting up this legal faction would have a signifiant impact on the aviation role-play and more people would be interested in flying if their is someone on the other end of the atc frequency. Think of it like having the LSPD without any suspects or crime shortage. In addition, to starting up the LSAA A few things I think need to occur in addition to assist in improving aviation RP. 

1) Aircraft prices. So far a Lear Jet and a Mammatus are around the same price of 1.8 million. Thats silly because in real life a Cessna ranges around 300K to 800K or more and a Lear Jet is around 1.5 - 4.9 Million the Buckingham Nimbus is the same price as a Mammatus 1.1 million. So adjusting the prices could help. 

2) Improving Aviation such as interiors on aircraft. 

3) Adding a cargo transportation job at LSIA. Truckers who work their way up can apply for a pilots license then work for a local air cargo flights transporting goods from LSIA > Blane and LSIA > Grape. Then from Blane > LSIA for the county goods that need to be transported to the city. 

4) Adding more planes like the shamal. 

5) Flight Schools. Once the flight schools improve on flight instructors more pilots could be pushed through which will increase the total air traffic. 

6) Schedule events like airshows. 

7) Emergency RP's. If flights declare an emergency there is now a middle man (ATC) that has to assist the pilot on landing as well as talking to FD / LEO's on the situation. In short RP for FD and PD/SD will improve!!!

8 ) Air taxi's?

@TheCHcuky

I will comment your list up there.

15 minutes ago, TheCHcuky said:

1) Aircraft prices. So far a Lear Jet and a Mammatus are around the same price of 1.8 million. Thats silly because in real life a Cessna ranges around 300K to 800K or more and a Lear Jet is around 1.5 - 4.9 Million the Buckingham Nimbus is the same price as a Mammatus 1.1 million. So adjusting the prices could help. 

You're right about the prices that have absolute non-sense and is inevitably a gamebreaker for aviation. Truth is no private pilot in real life (except millionaires) buy new aircrafts like Cessna's. I mean, a new cessna is like 400K, but I can get you a 152 for 30K$ and a 172 for 70K$ in real life lol, and that is a faiiiir price. You're totally right on that!

16 minutes ago, TheCHcuky said:

2) Improving Aviation such as interiors on aircraft. 

This is a yes and no. It's been done on GTA SA / MTA, and even though people enjoyed the RP that happened inside, they missed seeing outside.

17 minutes ago, TheCHcuky said:

3) Adding a cargo transportation job at LSIA. Truckers who work their way up can apply for a pilots license then work for a local air cargo flights transporting goods from LSIA > Blane and LSIA > Grape. Then from Blane > LSIA for the county goods that need to be transported to the city. 

Could be simply points that truckers can go refill their goods instead of running back to the LS Docks. But it'd be a bit RPG imo haha! Maybe could spice it up by requiring at least two crew members (a pilot and a handler)...

18 minutes ago, TheCHcuky said:

4) Adding more planes like the shamal. 

That won't help in my opinion. 

18 minutes ago, TheCHcuky said:

5) Flight Schools. Once the flight schools improve on flight instructors more pilots could be pushed through which will increase the total air traffic. 

I'm myself a flight instructor at Blaine and we have a shortage of instructors. Why? Because it is an intense 1h to 1h30 of roleplay that you must type and can't do anything else. So not many people are interested in it.

19 minutes ago, TheCHcuky said:

6) Schedule events like airshows. 

In my business San Andreas Aero Club we're working on that! :)

20 minutes ago, TheCHcuky said:

7) Emergency RP's. If flights declare an emergency there is now a middle man (ATC) that has to assist the pilot on landing as well as talking to FD / LEO's on the situation. In short RP for FD and PD/SD will improve!!

I disagree there. Nothing's more annoying than typing when you fly. So adding a new intermediate to deal with is kind of a blocker. Plus, emergencies dont really happen... or well. They're too rare. Never witnessed one 'in air'. Only on ground.

21 minutes ago, TheCHcuky said:

8 ) Air taxi's?

I'm in the works with FT to implement a regional airline. I'll come up with details if that passes through. That'd be good RP for pilots, but also any citizen who enjoys flying :)

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, anumaz said:

@TheCHcuky

Nothing's more annoying than typing when you fly.

I have a work around with this as I've seen that typing can become a disaster with flying. 

Pilots who want to fly solo could have their initial call out pre-typed and copied then all other responses will just have to be their call-sign once ATC gives them instructions until they are on the ground and safe. 

Ex: This message would be copied already. 

Pilot: Los Santos Tower, 3144 Victor, with you one-zero miles north to land, we have information Alpha. 

ATC: 3144 Victor, Los Santos Tower, make straight in runway 2-4 report 5 mile final. 

Pilot: 3144V. 

For students: 

CFI's will handle the radio when flying closed traffic patterns, then do the old switcharoo for a lesson that focuses around communication with ATC where full responses are required when the CFI flies and the student replies. 

For other Pilots:

This will encourage pilots to have a Co-Pilot as well to assist in the radio and /me's etc while in-flight. 

So I must admit your idea would be really nice, as a guy who dremt about becoming a pilot irl it would be really nice. Two problems though:

1. As said there's not really that much of an aerial traffic since not many have the possibility to purchase or fly a plane.

2. Being a text based server it would need a custom teamspeak server or something so instead of writing you could talk. I've seen a video of police officers doing such thing as you might understand in a pursuit you can't stop, write and then ingage again without losing the suspect. Same thing goes for planes, you can't lose time writing something and then find yourself flying over the Airport because it took you too much time to write.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic