Stop real life events from effecting the IC life within GTA World.

Just now, Chief said:

Are you talking about in-character? There was a recent in-game report that police officers shot and killed a fleeing suspect and it was ruled to be IC. The gist of the report was that the officer's character was built to be less than honorable, so it was allowed. It does happen. It would've been a great opportunity should someone have been around to film it in-character.

For clarification that was not PD.

Forming grass roots movements that solely rely on events happening within a population of maybe 2000 people (all characters that are active, I'm not talking about maximum peak) is the opposite of practical. I can't help but see it as a bad faith argument just to squash roleplay that doesn't sit well with you personally. It's a hall monitor-type mindset and suggestions borne out of that mentality are always highly questionable.

Many political movements in America span across state lines. For example, the Republican and the Democratic parties and their affiliated organizations.

On a related note, I can't say I've ever seen any major coverage of a police-related death on the server.

Edited by arrdef
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, VisioningHail said:

Should we start banning murders, rape, robbery and crime in general? Should we ban white nationalist factions, or any sort of RP'ed prejudice? Should we have a filter on the n-word or f-slur? Arbitrarily banning mentions of George Floyd or protesting is silly and doesn't make much sense other than to restrict RP.

No, because those are in-game events and characters, and they actually know how to separate them from real life.

16 minutes ago, Chief said:

Are you talking about in-character? There was a recent in-game report that police officers shot and killed a fleeing unarmed suspect and it was ruled to be IC. The gist of the report was that the officer's character was built to be less than honorable, so it was allowed. It does happen. It would've been a great opportunity should someone have been around to film it in-character.

This is literally the problem. The accident had to go through forum reports first so it first of all killed any spontaneity that the Floyd protests had (Floyd wasn't forum reported for powergaming).  

I think that it is perfectly ironic, that you have written a report against no one, for ic events because they're affecting you oocly, yet you think ooc events irl shouldn't be portrayed icly because they are also affecting you, my question is, why not go rp on a game that doesn't take place on earth.

• Upvote 2

Roleplaying covid-19 or Floyd related activities are already prohibited. Whilst they can be referenced in-character it shouldn't go further than that. As was stated GTA:W is a form of escapism for many during troubled times, if you want to roleplay the exact same thing IG that most wish to avoid then that's just inconsiderate and lacking common courtesy. We don't want to limit what people role-play by any means, but there does have to be a middle ground to keep the game fun.

Locked on that note