Stop real life events from effecting the IC life within GTA World.

3 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

You want to live in a bubble. Got it.

Still didn't answer my question and you clearly misunderstood what I'm saying. Got it. I never disagreed with you on ignoring the world. Not once did I say that real world events shouldn't be taken into account. I was just asking the question why IC events aren't used for these reasons as well? There are plenty of situations that would spark similar protests within our world, yet it takes a George Floyd type incident that didn't even happen in-game to spark such a protest.

Edited by Chief
Just now, Invictus said:

There's plenty of reasons to protest IC cause of IC stuff. I don't know how is that related to my argument. As for the topic itself, why would people ignore what's going on around the world? Sure, there are limits but still that doesn't mean the characters should act as if everything is fine and there's peace everywhere.

Obviously people aren't acting as if there's peace everywhere, there's always 10 different things happening in Los Santos at all times even when it might seem quiet.

Just now, Chief said:

Still didn't answer my question and you clearly misunderstood what I'm saying. Got it. Not once did I say that real world events shouldn't be taken into account. I was just asking the question why IC events aren't used for these reasons as well? There are plenty of situations that would spark similar protests within our world. 

I'm not saying they can't be. But the vibe that some of the people are giving in this thread is that the outside world can have no bearing on motion in social issues and that's not the way it should. That's what I am saying.

• Applaud 1
8 minutes ago, Chief said:

All @Cheeezy is saying is that we should pull more of these situations from in-character scenarios. I don't think that is too much to ask. There are plenty of situations in-character that would warrant these same kinds of protests, yet it takes a real world situation for most people to role play out these things in-game. It's not a hard concept. Should we completely ignore the real world? No. However it shouldn't take a real world event to spur something like a protest of civil liberties in-character.

Why should we be restricted to whether or not we want protests from actions in San Andreas or elsewhere around the world.

Just now, Jeroen said:

I don't think he wants OOC information mixed in IC situations, and neither do I. However you framing that remark makes it sound as if he doesn't want any protests, which is untrue.

Anything that happens in our IRL world is IC information, unless we live in the same sort of isolation as this island: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Sentinel_Island

Just now, VisioningHail said:

I guess we shouldn't RP the US constitution or American case law either, then? 

If you want American case law let's observe laws such as Tennessee v. Garner as well.

There's plenty happening all over San Andreas, you have a chance to build your own world and to leave your own legacy.

Yet you've chosen act someone else's play.

Just now, Jeroen said:

If you want American case law let's observe laws such as Tennessee v. Garner as well.

There's plenty happening all over San Andreas, you have a chance to build your own world and to leave your own legacy.

We do observe Tennessee vs Garner. A lot.

Edited by SaintBatemanofWallStreet
Just now, Chief said:

Still didn't answer my question and you clearly misunderstood what I'm saying. Got it. I never disagreed with you on ignoring the world. Not once did I say that real world events shouldn't be taken into account. I was just asking the question why IC events aren't used for these reasons as well? There are plenty of situations that would spark similar protests within our world, yet it takes a George Floyd type incident that didn't even happen in-game to spark such a protest.

Because that's just not how movements organically grow. There's been plenty of police killings in the US between 2019 and the George Floyd killing that have been probably just as bad but they haven't had such major unrest. There's a unique set of circumstances surrounding George Floyd that lead it to being such a worldwide movement that just doesn't happen. 

There's a variety of reasons why an IC George Floyd-esque police killing wouldn't spark such outrage. The lack of a huge media, the lack of global mobilization, the lack of people actually RPing dying from a chokehold, hell, I don't even know if PD is allowed to kill innocent people due to misconduct (might be wrong), but I've never heard about it.

Just now, VisioningHail said:

hell, I don't even know if PD is allowed to kill innocent people due to misconduct (might be wrong), but I've never heard about it.

Are you talking about in-character? There was a recent in-game report that police officers shot and killed a fleeing unarmed suspect and it was ruled to be IC. The gist of the report was that the officer's character was built to be less than honorable, so it was allowed. It does happen. It would've been a great opportunity should someone have been around to film it in-character.

Edited by Chief
1 minute ago, Jeroen said:

What space-ship do we need to get from earth to San Andreas, just curious.