Stop real life events from effecting the IC life within GTA World.

Just now, Jeroen said:

Ask yourself before roleplaying: Is this what I'm planning to roleplay motivated by current out-of-character situations?
If so, /report it.

That's - what? I'm not sure you understand how social issues actually work here. And that's okay. I'll move on from here.

Just now, Gryphboi said:

It's a server that deals with legal issues and people's rights on a daily basis, these real-life events shape policies, laws and doctrines that later on apply to the server. I don't think we should stop people from roleplaying them because they're difficult to digest (specially since most players don't seem to have any issues portraying gang violence, a terrible real-world issue that plagues most communities, for the sake of a character's narrative), we should go in the opposite direction and encourage people to roleplay activism NOT only for the sake of immersion but to see actual change in San Andreas as a part of America.

This sums it up near perfectly.

All @Cheeezy is saying is that we should pull more of these situations from in-character scenarios. I don't think that is too much to ask. There are plenty of situations in-character that would warrant these same kinds of protests, yet it takes a real world situation for most people to role play out these things in-game. It's not a hard concept. Should we completely ignore the real world? No. However it shouldn't take a real world event to spur something like a protest of civil liberties in-character.

Just now, Chief said:

All @Cheeezy is saying is that we should pull more of these situations from in-character scenarios. I don't think that is too much to ask. There are plenty of situations in-character that would warrant these same kinds of protests, yet it takes a real world situation for most people to role play out these things in-game. It's not a hard concept. Should we completely ignore the real world? No. However it shouldn't take a real world event to spur something like a protest of civil liberties in-character.

This, I really don't mind protests and activism but please don't mix current OOC happenings into IC situations.

Just now, Invictus said:

The whole purpose of the gta lore is to replace the real life parts otherwise they could have just called it LA, Callifornia. It's a realistic fiction.

Cool, now let's get IC protests because of IC reasons, and not because of OOC reasons.

Just now, Chief said:

And all we're saying is, that doesn't make any sense. The world is turmoil right now on social issues. Why would it magically slide past this island because someone hasn't been directly affected by it and gotten a voice about it?

• Upvote 1
Just now, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

And all we're saying is, that doesn't make any sense. The world is turmoil right now on social issues. Why would it magically slide past this island because someone hasn't been directly affected by it and gotten a voice about it?

It makes perfect sense. I never said that it should magically slide by. I was merely suggesting that it shouldn't take a real world situation to spark some sort of RP in-character. There have been plenty of situations with LSPD and LSSD that could've sparked some protests, but nothing has ever happened. Why? 

Just now, Jeroen said:

Cool, now let's get IC protests because of IC reasons, and not because of OOC reasons.

There's plenty of reasons to protest IC cause of IC stuff. I don't know how is that related to my argument. As for the topic itself, why would people ignore what's going on around the world? Sure, there are limits but still that doesn't mean the characters should act as if everything is fine and there's peace everywhere.

This is a game in a fictional roleplay situation where crime and corruption is through the roof, if this were realistic the cops would carry assault rifles into the hood because it is so dangerous.

You want to live in a bubble. Got it.

I don't think he wants OOC information mixed in IC situations, and neither do I. However you framing that remark makes it sound as if he doesn't want any protests, which is untrue.