Stop real life events from effecting the IC life within GTA World.

Just now, Cheeezy said:

What I am saying is you ASK in /report it is then discussed by management and then decided if we can or can't allow it. So far the only two major things of this year that have been halted in the sense of role-play is COVID and Floyd situation. They make the final call at the end of the day, we just enforce it. I am not saying that you should ignore the entire world I stated in my OWN opinion that we should focus more on things happening in the server then having to use IRL stuff to spark something. Everyone here is extremely creative and can probably do a lot of insane life-changing things in the server, but people rather use IRL stuff over their OWN creativity. 

There should definitely be some kind of announcement that we now need approval to RP something so major.

Because in this current environment, players are literally set up for failure. The only thing that we have to ask admins for currently is to commit certain crimes, yet if you don't ask you can get punished.

Just now, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So basically what you're saying is that the staff expects us to not take into account anything that happens off the island. That doesn't seem right at all.

GTA is a completely different universe than where we are in real life.

There should definitely be some kind of announcement that we now need approval to RP something so major.

Because in this current environment, players are literally set up for failure. The only thing that we have to ask admins for currently is to commit certain crimes, yet if you don't ask you can get punished.

Ask yourself before roleplaying: Is this what I'm planning to roleplay motivated by current out-of-character situations?
If so, /report it.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I totally agree with you on that. We truly do need something that let's people know what we can an can't do. Cause honestly I was confused as hell when it all started till I asked a million times.

It's a server that deals with legal issues and people's rights on a daily basis, these real-life events shape policies, laws and doctrines that later on apply to the server. I don't think we should stop people from roleplaying them because they're difficult to digest (specially since most players don't seem to have any issues portraying gang violence, a terrible real-world issue that plagues most communities, for the sake of a character's narrative), we should go in the opposite direction and encourage people to roleplay activism NOT only for the sake of immersion but to see actual change in San Andreas as a part of America.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Jeroen said:

GTA is a completely different universe than where we are in real life.

No. San Andreas is a state within the United States of America on planet Earth. 

That argument is flawed.

Edited by Declan