Stop real life events from effecting the IC life within GTA World.

I seen ten people role-play the killing of George Floyd, each one of them were complete trolls regarding it. Yes, are there some good people who don't act like fools when it comes down to strict RP hell yes there is. BUT there are still a lot of bad apples that have to be dealt with. The entire point I am trying to address here with my statement is that it leads to poor development of people driving around saying "Fuck 12" "Kill cops" or stupid stuff like "That cops hates black people cause George Floyd was killed by cops" I have dealt with a crap load of people already who have all been punished.

This server should be focusing on it's own agenda and NOT the one the real world provides. There are plenty of reason IN-CHARACTER to protest, plenty of different avenues to explore about health issues occurring in the server. We shouldn't use Floyd who died because of a cop in our own server when we have millions of unreported corrupt officers doing the same thing IN-CHARACTER. We have all these resources available and people rather wait till something IRL happens, then come in to game and only cause a minor disturbance but not actually change anything in-game. The focus needs to be server related in-character issues more then outside third-party issues the world provides. I am sure you will find away to drag words out an then GO boom this this this this. Reality everyone has an opinion to stuff, this is what I believe should happen.

This is a weird suggestion. No, we should keep roleplaying in real life events, unlike the COVID 19 which is just not interesting to roleplay due to the big impact and many other events of that scale. Events such as the George Floyd can be and should be allowed to be talked about IC. I get it that we don't allow protests but we should be free to mention it. 

In real life events shape the world and the decisions. They let us think in different ways and develops us. Without some of the major events that happened in the world, the world would be different. Should we ban mentioning 9/11? Should we ban mentioning any space programs? 

You can't ban everything and it shouldn't and to be really fair with you; I have not had any problems with any type of events in-game or on facebrowser. 

To sum it up for people who are only talking about George Floyd: this suggestion is not to only ban the George Floyd incidents but real life world events all together.

Edited by Tseard
12 minutes ago, Cheeezy said:

This server should be focusing on it's own agenda and NOT the one the real world provides. There are plenty of reason IN-CHARACTER to protest, plenty of different avenues to explore about health issues occurring in the server. We shouldn't use Floyd who died because of a cop in our own server when we have millions of unreported corrupt officers doing the same thing IN-CHARACTER. We have all these resources available and people rather wait till something IRL happens, then come in to game and only cause a minor disturbance but not actually change anything in-game. The focus needs to be server related in-character issues more then outside third-party issues the world provides. I am sure you will find away to drag words out an then GO boom this this this this. Reality everyone has an opinion to stuff, this is what I believe should happen.

This is honestly very misguided, and I really hope it's your own personal stance and not management's. Protest movements spread across states precisely because they address issues common to the entire country. It's not "either you protest the George Floyd killing or you protest the IG police brutality"; it's "you protest police brutality and use George Floyd as an icon".

People are doing that as far as Poland (granted in a very limited way), and you seem to advocate that Los Santos be more aloof to this than a country in a different hemisphere. Things that happen out of the game server are IC, they're simply not portrayed IG. Donald Trump exists in our universe, for instance.

Your objection to roleplaying George Floyd's death is wraught with your own IRL political views; politicians adopt the same rhetoric in some states, pretending that the protests about George Floyd shouldn't happen in "their home state" since they consider irrelevant by virtue of geography.

Edited by arrdef
10 minutes ago, Cheeezy said:

I seen ten people role-play the killing of George Floyd, each one of them were complete trolls regarding it. Yes, are there some good people who don't act like fools when it comes down to strict RP hell yes there is. BUT there are still a lot of bad apples that have to be dealt with. The entire point I am trying to address here with my statement is that it leads to poor development of people driving around saying "Fuck 12" "Kill cops" or stupid stuff like "That cops hates black people cause George Floyd was killed by cops" I have dealt with a crap load of people already who have all been punished.

Is this the official stance of the staff team here? Or just your opinion? Honest question.

What I am trying to say is that we need to focus MORE on our own community then having to use IRL events to pull new things in. I know that so many people in this server die for use of force issues and I HAVE YET TO SEE A SINGLE PROTEST OR RIOT. All I am saying is that if people aren't willing to even waste a single amount of energy on an in-character issue then why does it matter in-game? I see it daily, unjustified killings in the department. But yet we move onto the next role-play. If it really mattered in the first place in-game it would have been addressed. 

Just now, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Is this the official stance of the staff team here? Or just your opinion? Honest question.

Straight up every time I ASK for the update in admin chat. I am told we are not role-playing either of these things. This is not from other admins, this is when a member of management is in-game an actively talking back. If something has changed then that is lack of communication, but as far as I am aware THAT has not. Protest are fine in-character if they have a true reason behind them, like if the LSPD OR LSSD kill someone that was unarmed and it was unjustified. But that is a mixture of my opinion on what should truly be done and what I have been told to do as a staff member in regards of like allowing or not allowing the rp of COVID or Protesting for George.

I will see if someone can make an actual official release so people can stop wondering and actually be told what the deal is.

Edited by Cheeezy

It's going to be difficult to see such things emerge if you automatically decide the people who do roleplay these protests are trolls. There are trolls that affect all spheres of roleplay. Making a bigger deal out of them in this particular instance isn't called for.

Irregardless, things don't pick up a lot of traction when they're not reported. When LSNN reports things, I see it influence conversations in-game. I'm sure if there was coverage of those killings, it would spark some IG controversy. There's also the theme of death being a bit too common in the game, in the first place.

Deciding San Andreas ought to be portrayed as a rogue planet hurtling through space rather than a state in the U.S is hardly the solution to any of the problems this discussion relates to.

Edited by arrdef
Just now, Cheeezy said:

Straight up every time I ASK for the update in admin chat. I am told we are not role-playing either of these things. This is not from other admins, this is when a member of management is in-game an actively talking back. If something has changed then that is lack of communication, but as far as I am aware THAT has not. Protest are fine in-character if they have a true reason behind them, like if the LSPD OR LSSD kill someone that was unarmed and it was unjustified. 

I will see if someone can make an actual official release so people can stop wondering and actually be told what the deal is.

So basically what you're saying is that the staff expects us to not take into account anything that happens off the island. That doesn't seem right at all.

What I am saying is you ASK in /report it is then discussed by management and then decided if we can or can't allow it. So far the only two major things of this year that have been halted in the sense of role-play is COVID and Floyd situation. They make the final call at the end of the day, we just enforce it. I am not saying that you should ignore the entire world I stated in my OWN opinion that we should focus more on things happening in the server then having to use IRL stuff to spark something. Everyone here is extremely creative and can probably do a lot of insane life-changing things in the server, but people rather use IRL stuff over their OWN creativity. 

Not sure where you got that STAFF is saying you can't RP anything cause you must have gotten lost somewhere in my walls of text. But those are my own opinions for the final time on record cause I know people love twist things up.

Just now, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So basically what you're saying is that the staff expects us to not take into account anything that happens off the island. That doesn't seem right at all.

Edited by Cheeezy
1 minute ago, arrdef said:

It's going to be difficult to see such things emerge if you automatically decide the people who do roleplay these protests are trolls. There are trolls that affect all spheres of roleplay. Making a bigger deal out of them in this particular instance isn't called for.

That isn't what was said, what was said is that most people who do this are trolls, but also says that there is plenty corruption in the LSPD and LSSD which people would be totally justified to roleplay.