Stop real life events from effecting the IC life within GTA World.

Just now, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

This is the difference. We weren't RPing COVID-19 out of respect for the near 500k people who've passed away from it.

You're asking us to sequester ourselves away from social events because you're tired of seeing them. 

I am sorry, I'm not trying to twist your words at all but, are you saying that people are "allowed" to roleplay the protests because we have no obligation to respect the reason behind it and people who have passed prior and during the protests?

Just now, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

This is the difference. We weren't RPing COVID-19 out of respect for the near 500k people who've passed away from it.

You're asking us to sequester ourselves away from social events because you're tired of seeing them. 

Just now, arrdef said:

Civil unrest is:

a) geographically limited in nature

b) prone to being interacted with

c) temporary

COVID-19 lockdown was unlimited in scope, and would have restricted players to indoors roleplay.

I don't mind seeing protests, but Grand Theft Auto is a different universe.

I'd like for people to make their own IC reasons to protest out of IC situations, and even then as you've said I'd like it to be temporary.

Just now, malutukilo said:

I am sorry, I'm not trying to twist your words at all but, are you saying that people are "allowed" to roleplay the protests because we have no obligation to respect the reason behind it and people who have passed prior and during the protests?

Do you not respect victims of crimes, automobile accidents, drug use, police brutality, homelessness? These things are portrayed every second of server uptime. Several characters even roleplay specific conditions like PTSD, epilepsy, cancer etc.

Edited by arrdef
Just now, arrdef said:

Do you not respect victims of crimes, drug use, police brutality, homelessness? These things are portrayed every second of server uptime.

I do, but this does not answer my question referring the contradiction in SaintBatemanofWallStreet 's post.

We are not roleplaying Covid pandemic out of respect for the people who passed away from it.

We are roleplaying the civil unrest out of respect for the people who passed away from it.

Which one are we to follow? Geniune question.

Just now, malutukilo said:

But you are. Pretty wildly actually.

Don't paint the picture that I'm saying he shouldn't be respected. But there is a massive difference between a single person who was murdered that sparked social change to the point where people are out in the streets protesting it, and a virus that is infecting and killing people faster than countries can keep up.

If you think that's at all the same, you should take a long hard look at the state of the world.

We banned IRL faceclaims and pictures, so why stop there?

'd like to see people roleplay the Covid-19 pandemic. Where are your masks and social distancing?

Because as mentioned from the LSRP post, it was banned because people were using it as an excuse to mess around, like coughing on each other etc.

People on Facebrowser are using this whole George Floyd thing as an excuse to be toxic and go out on a witch hunt, and some even using the site to spread NOTHING BUT posts about Black Lives Matter. How in any way does that contribute to the events that happen in game? How is anything they're saying IC, how is it roleplaying?

We could & should have a Black Lives Matter movement IN GAME.

We should protest police brutality IN GAME, when it happens.

We should NOT be talking about or protesting real life events, because all people are doing is posting their real life opinions on it, and not their character's. It's getting annoying and it doesn't feel like a game anymore. IC, we can't do anything about irl events. No campaigns, no change.org petitions. But we can react to things that happen in game.

I come on this server to escape real life. I see enough hate being posted on real Facebook.

Let's please consider stopping discussion / protest of real life controversies. TV shows, games, movies, yeah let's keep those.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

The whole "consider what people go through IRL" platform is useless. 99% of Hollywood and Litterature would cease to exist if people did not use real events to create works of fiction. That also applies to roleplay.

You consider it axiomatic that characters espouse the opinions of the players, but this isn't the case. I'm not even American, I don't care about George Floyd. Does that mean my black character isn't allowed to care?

Separating your thoughts from your characters' thoughts is the first thing anyone learns, regardless. I've seen very left-wing players go and portray members of white gangs espousing highly questionable ideologies.

People who go into histrionics when they relate fiction to their real experiences should seek counselling, instead of locking everything down in the name of "escapism".

Edited by arrdef
  • Upvote 1

Now If I am not mistaken. Anytime someone reports asking about either, I tell them straight up we aren't allowing protest nor allowing the role-play of COVID-19. So if anyone IS role-playing it, they just need to be report to the right channels for it. Cause it won't fly, this is a place people to come an get away from the stressful world, we will not be allowing something such as that causes stress. Keep this conversation civil or I will lock it down hard then Hogwarts when the dementors came.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Cheeezy said:

Cause it won't fly, this is a place people to come an get away from the stressful world, we will not be allowing something such as that causes stress. 

Should we start banning murders, rape, robbery and crime in general? Should we ban white nationalist factions, or any sort of RP'ed prejudice? Should we have a filter on the n-word or f-slur? Arbitrarily banning mentions of George Floyd or protesting is silly and doesn't make much sense other than to restrict RP.

Edited by VisioningHail
  • Upvote 1

Why wouldn’t protesting be allowed? Is San Andreas suddenly a utopia where everything is perfect? Is there no social problems at all? Does it’s citizens not experience the odd case of police brutality? Can we not hold our government to account?

Covid shouldn’t be rped for obvious reasons. It restricts roleplay. 

If anything, things like protests provide more roleplay and in my opinion, should be done more (obviously having a justifiable reason to do so) and if it gets out hand? Then let admins step in. I don’t believe admins should put out a blanket ban on protesting before it’s even begun. if it gets too... trolly? Close to heart? I don’t know. Only then should they be able to act upon what they’ve seen.

Edited by Declan
  • Applaud 1