Stolen License Plates

Short description: a system to implent the ability to steal plates and attache them to other vehicles or sell them. 

Detailed description: 

I'm not sure how common it is in the U.S. But where I live it's a common occurrence of people stealing license plates. I think for the criminal community it would be a great addition to their rp to have the ability to steal plates of a vehicle and put them on another vehicle. Or even selling them to other people. I do not know if this would be possible. 

As for identifying a vehicle, Vin numbers correspond with a registry data base of the vehicle and relate back to a certain plate and vehicle owner. Have a system in place where you can report a plate stolen and add a 1 or 2 to the original owners plate where it shows they requested a new one and to make the plate unique again.. Not sure if I'm making any sense ?

Commands to add: /stealplate /attachplate /sellplate etc

Items to add: plates

How would your suggestion improve the server? 

This would give criminals the opportunity to get away if not personally identified and are not forced to have an unregistered vehicle. Which already brings eyes on them. 

Additional information:

Edited by goddessoflife
  • Upvote 1

On one hand, it is realistic and would be a great addition to criminal RP. On the other hand, it would be a nuissance for literally anyone with a car if, for whatever reason, someone wants to commit whatever crime and although unrelated to you, your plate will vanish and you'll have to find a tow truck, tow your vehicle, find your plate and then start all over again. I think it would be heavily abused.