Gang Sign Script / Tagging Script

PapaDoc

Short description:   In game when you are roleplaying a gang member, you want different ways to represent your gang. There's many ways of doing it like social media, wall banging, gang signs, your hood call (ex. bloods say suwoo or relli) etc. The server already has social media like Facebrowser. As a reputable & consistent gang/hood roleplayer, I'd like for a visual aid of these in-game gangs' representation.

Detailed description: 
The Police:

As a member of the LSPD that regularly patrols the South Central-Davis-Watts areas, it's highly likely that you can identify what gangs are in those areas. It enhances your roleplay a bit when your police character can identify gang signs and graffiti. It'd be awesome to throw up a tag at the Davis Mega Mall and to pass by 10 minutes later seeing the gang unit taking pictures and investigating exactly who that gang is. 

As for gang signs, it'd be dope to have an experienced gang unit cop confronting youngsters from the aforementioned areas for throwing up gang signs and possibly taking them to jail for it (situations vary). 

Gangs:
Right now in the gang community, it's growing and prospering with in-game factions like South Side Carson Crip, South Central Hoover Criminals, Rollin 60 Neighborhood Crip, Rollin 90 Neighborhood Crip, Chamberlain Varrio Tortilla Flats 13, Hillside 13, Culver City, Bridge Street etc. It'd be nice for each in-game gang to push the boundaries of a rival hood and hit up at their enemies turf. I'm sure that all of the gangs named are partaking in realism. Los Santos, San Andreas is based on Los Angeles, California and most of the gangs I've named are probably looking to mirror that inspiration just for gangs. So why not? Everyone that knows about LA/SoCal Bloods/Crips/Sureno gangs knows that graffiti is apart of the culture.

Gangs signs are also poignant, they provide a major part in gang life as members of a gang use these to represent their gang/disrespect other gangs. It's pretty much the same as tagging just with your fingers.

How gang signs and tags can work in game?: For gang signs it could be done like how we have the attributes system, you type in the command and input what gang sign your character throws up when you do /gsign or what tag your character sprays on the wall as well as a color when you do /gtag. Like for example, it'd go something like this:

1. /gang (to bring up UI with chat box just like /attributes [Top Box = Graffiti] [Bottom Box = Gang Sign])
  2. /gsign (pops up as an /ame and in-game chat as a /me without the * at the beginning)
    [Also plays the gang sign animation for a quick moment]
  3. /gtag (an instance of /createscene with a 24 hour time limit so people can get on later in the day and roleplay around it without the ((Player Name)). 

It can look something like this: Character Age -> Graffiti / Character Desc. -> Gang Sign
f5402da6f4bea51edb759e0855268e11.png

How it can be controlled/Cons?: 

• [-] Trolls that abuse these commands can be reported with ajails/bans
  • [-] Place a limit of 3-5 tags a day so players don't abuse the script all over the place.
  • [-] Depending on the size of the tag, have the letters pop up slowly one by one (anywhere from 3 seconds to 25 seconds)
  • [-] Require actual roleplay during tagging sequence [2-4 letters pops up each roleplay line {depending on size of tag} / if interrupted then whatever is sprayed remains]

Commands to add: /gsign (automatic /ame and /me) | /gang (attributes UI) | /gtag (automatic /createscene without the ((name)) or Arial font tags on wall)

Items to add: Gang sign animations from single player and Spraycans ($1,000) from the local 24/7 stores

How would your suggestion improve the server? 

• The tagging could help roleplay in general around the hood, it's classic gangbanger tradition that could bring roleplay not only to gangs but to LSPD's gang unit, it could help them better identify what gangs are in what area and who is beefing with who.
  • The tagging can also help put Faction Management on notice as to what unofficial gangs are starting  up and are active in-game.
  • The gang sign command can be a great addition to gang roleplay to create an authentic visual look to the gang/hood roleplay scene.

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 16
  • Thanks 1

You should be able to do way more than 1 /gtags, unlike the regular /createscene command where you can only have 1 up at a time. 

[-] Trolls that abuse these commands can be reported with ajails/bans

An easy way to fix this is to limit it to people who're invited to a faction. 

Edited by Project-P

good idea tbh I dont see why someone who isn't in a faction would need to do a gang tag. Then it wont have to be a limit of 5 per day since thered be less abuse 

• Applaud 1
Just now, Project-P said:

You should be able to do way more than 1 /gtags, unlike the regular /createscene command where you can only have 1 up at a time. 

[-] Trolls that abuse these commands can be reported with ajails/bans

I agree, I believe /gtags should be whitelisted to faction members only or granted by faction members. To prevent trolls from tagging walls.

I support this idea 100% - it has the potential to bring in RP for not only gang roleplayers but also PD.

This can also open an avenue for new RP opportunities, in LA and all around America there is many groups involved in illegal graffiti who do not gang bang.

Those who don't want to RP a gang member can even benefit from this system.

47cafbf82c9a741885bdf41db8f63f90.png

I agree, I believe /gtags should be whitelisted to faction members only or granted by faction members. To prevent trolls from tagging walls.

I agree with the quote. That way we don't ride around the city and see multiple abused tags.

Edited by Hustle
  • mj2002 locked this topic