New devices available to some special stores / online ordering

Zayyy

14 minutes ago, Chief said:

My point was --- they are saying that this is locked behind an illegal supplier "for RP". Might as well lock guns behind an illegal supplier too, even though they are obtainable IC'ly through legal means. 

"Because RP bro, can't do that".

Legal spy stores? They exist in the US. Creates RP right? Imagine that. You can purchase guns legally AND illegally. What's the difference here? Nothing.

have you heard of balance? If these tools were available easily there will be absolutely 0 point to them because 399 out of 400 players online will be carrying a scanner on them scanning everything in sight. Jesus, just because RP here is aimed towards realism doesn't mean that it doesn't have to be balanced

The reason why things like this are locked behind walls/factions is simply balance, just because you can realistically IRL go out and buy all these goods doesn't mean in a roleplay enviroment it should be allowed so freely.

Gonna say I don't agree with the suggestion mainly for the fact players will overuse them for the pettiest of RP scenarios if everybody and their mothers can get a hold of them.

Rather not have 99% of the server population wearing wires 24/7 to MG/PG their robbers or have CCW holders tracking my truck and kneecapping me like Batman because I coughed vaguely in their direction, save the tech for the people who have a proper justified IC reason, not people wanting the cool new shiny things.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 1

I support this a lot. Not even the IRL argument will be used in my reply, but instead the overall quality of life argument will be used. Legal rpers buying these from illegal suppliers won't make sense, realistically these devices would actually be legal but of there it's a game too, so there's that argument. But I'm all of QOL, suppliers being able to do tobacco, drugs, n guns is coolio... but the only way I'd even support suppliers having this role, is if the suppliers owned actual stores and sold them to people legally.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Chief said:

If I'm a purely legal role player, you're going to force me to interact with an illegal supplier to buy a 100% legal product? Makes perfect sense. The item isn't illegal until its used for an illegal purpose (tracking someone without consent). 

@Westen Yes it is perfectly legal to have in your possession. It's what you are doing with it, that would make it illegal.

Also quoting this as it's a valid point. 

I'll lock this. These items will never be freely available just because it'll be wrongly used and massively used if it is freely available.

For now it goes through weapon suppliers and legal FM if you have a legal company requiring it (news company, investigation company etc), they are both authorized to supply.

We'll see how the feature lives and if we can expand it to other means of getting these items in the future, we will. But not freely accessible.