Trucking - Long Haul Operations

Short description:

Trucking for Mule and bigger trucks for longer drives. From Terminal Docks to Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay.

Detailed description:

So, my idea to put forward would be a long haul operation... Mule's and larger vehicles would be able to collect goods from the Terminal Docks and take up to two delivery points, one somewhere in Sandy Shores and another one further up in Paleto Bay. I think this would help in a lot of ways. It would allow the bigger vehicles to do the long hauls (good for RP). It would give those of us who have invested the time to rank up to drive the bigger vehicles something to do, especially when deliveries are starting to get few and far between. Maybe the crates would have a slightly lower profit margin but at least we can still work and do deliveries while waiting for player businesses to open, rather than waiting idly by for 30 minutes or however long it takes for a delivery to pop up, then join the "rat race" so to speak.

Commands to add:

maybe a /longhaul command to start the run, then a /pickupfreight, /loadfreight, unloadfreight and /deliverfreight to be used at the right times.

Items to add:

"Freight Goods" as a suggestion?

How would your suggestion improve the server?

I think it would ease some congestion from LS with the bigger vehicles being used more for what they were built for, longer drives, carrying more goods. Rewards the players who have invested time doing the trucking job so to speak.

Additional information:

N/A

Edited by Leon Redmayne
Format
  • Upvote 4

Not too sure if this is needed, when doing deliveries you get to choose where you deliver too. If you want to drive further then pick a delivery further away. The main purpose of the trucking job is to make money whilst roleplaying, this is the reason that people usually stick to local businesses in the city.

2 minutes ago, Fireworks said:

Not too sure if this is needed, when doing deliveries you get to choose where you deliver too. If you want to drive further then pick a delivery further away. The main purpose of the trucking job is to make money whilst roleplaying, this is the reason that people usually stick to local businesses in the city.

True, but that's only when deliveries are available. For the past week, maybe longer, I've been on for maybe six hours at least, and the deliveries have gone so quick I could only manage maybe four to five deliveries tops.

Edited by Leon Redmayne
mis-spelling.
Just now, Leon Redmayne said:

True, but that's only when deliveries are available. Tor the past week, maybe longer, I've been on for maybe six hours at least, and the deliveries have gone so quick I could only manage maybe four to five deliveries tops.

You can't deliver to businesses that don't need them.

Just now, Fireworks said:

You can't deliver to businesses that don't need them.

I get that, but there are business in those areas that eventually need stocking, what if there are other companies that want to branch out or if someone owns a van, has a business and needs to pick up things, They could go to this local freight delivery point and collect the crates themselves, or, a business with a fleet could deliver to those businesses when they open. E.G. Benson takes 15 crates from Terminal to Paleto Bay Delivery Terminal. It's then split up in to the goods for the local businesses - Alcohol, Ink, Clothing, Parts.

23 minutes ago, Fireworks said:

This is trying to address the drought issue that is happening right now when all/most businesses are closed.

And then suddenly when one pops up, all truckers on the server go there at the same point and it creates an extremely shitty and annoying situation for civilians, cops and the truckers themselves.

+1 to the suggestion 

• Upvote 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic