Better lighting and audible sirens for police vehicles

Sebz

Short description: Add functionality that would support changing the audible siren at any time, as well as the pattern used by the lights on the car.

Detailed description: Currently, when you enable the siren/lights on a police car, there is only one light pattern for each car and it will not change. if you attempt to hold the HORN button to switch to a different siren, it does not sync to other players. I am suggesting the addition of a script that will allow a full range of control over these elements.

Commands to add: None. This system would work with the use of keybinds.

Items to add: A 3rd party script or a script developed from scratch by GTA World devs.

How would your suggestion improve the server?: Honestly, for anyone who isn't involved with law enforcement roleplay, this won't make much of a difference. In general though, it will make the experience more immersive for people involved in any roleplay with the police. Police lights could be used for traffic indicators. Different siren modes could be used to clear intersections, Et cetera. It's just a quality of life update.

Additional information: I have a script I found online to share, at the very least for reference. I have not tested it though so I can be sure that it works. But this is exactly what I am suggesting.

https://github.com/dArkyunn/-RageMP-More-Immersive-Emergency-Lights

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Supporting this aswell, I've tested this a while ago actualy and it's only the wail that "syncs" with people that are nearby. The bullhorn, the welp, the phaser all do not sync. Which is kind of a big issue. 

You need to be able to swap sirens especially around crowded area's & approaching intersections. 

From what I know, should be able to bind the wail, yelp, phaser and bullhorn to one of the numerical keys or something with relative ease.

The one provided by the OP should work wonders and would really benefit LEO factions and even FD aswell as people trying not to get hit by an out-of-the-blue cop car 

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
  • mj2002 locked this topic