Warrants and Police Raids.

Max3

34 minutes ago, Renegade said:

What? If people RP British characters what's wrong with them saying mate and lad?

Even so, you do realize we live in a globalized world where people learn words from other parts of the world, right?

No LAPD officer says mate and lad and the fact that you're even defending it is absurd and proves every ones point that the PD doesn't react well to criticism. Name one PD officer of British decent? I'll wait. Who would leave Britain to get paid less and have a higher probability to die just to be in Law Enforcement in America.

Its unrealistic and instead of trying to defend everything take a pointer or two.

Edited by Jola
  • Upvote 2
Just now, Big_Smokes said:

What copacetic meant is probable cause of a crime being committed. It's a standard of proof or threshold that has to be met before a warrant can be signed off on, an arrest made, etcetera. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probable_cause < wikipedia article explains it pretty well in depth.

Yeah I know how they work OOC. I read a lot about the way warrants operate OOC before I made this discussion. I was wondering what probable cause meant to him. Probable cause that the man in question had commited a crime or that the place in question had been used/stores items relating to said crime.

Edited by Max3
Just now, Max3 said:

Yeah I know how they work OOC. I read a lot about the way warrants operate OOC before I made this suggestion. I was wondering what probable cause meant to him, a judge.

OH okay fair enough, my bad! It's not uncommon for people not to know exactly what it means / the difference between probable cause and reasonable suspicion, all that fun legal stuff. 

Just now, Big_Smokes said:

OH okay fair enough, my bad! It's not uncommon for people not to know exactly what it means / the difference between probable cause and reasonable suspicion, all that fun legal stuff. 

No biggie, thanks for explaining it though.

Just now, Max3 said:

No biggie, thanks for explaining it though.

I want to apologise to you. I'm not exactly sure why this thread turned I to such a nightmare and I'll refrain from pointing fingers but just know, I take your original point seriously and I'm very interested in speaking and working with you on how you and others think we can do better.

Just now, FullyCanadian said:

It doesn't contribute to the discussion at all just because you didn't SEE anything happen to those people doesn't mean nothing happened to them. Why would we go around waving a sign pointing out OOC punishments we take on players? Why would anyone?

It's called transparency and it's something this server is lacking.  

Also I find your point extra funny because we literally broadcast punishment's IG globally. So what's the issue with following up with the reporting party to tell them what the outcome of they're report was?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Big_Smokes said:

^ this too. We (PD Staff) & JSA leadership recently went through the numbers and found that about 70% of all arrests are guilty pleas. For some reason people don't feel the need/want to contest their charges, warrants or anything in court. I would honestly like it if people started doing that more. Because if there is anything we are doing wrong, that would be the simplest way of finding out.

I could do everything on my end to have my guys write up the most 100% perfect ideal warrants, but without checks and balances that would still not be sustainable in the long run. Challenge what happened in the field in court. Give us the opportunity to make use of that one thing we all want to make use of. (Court, that is)

And do you know why this is the case? Because probably 99% of arrests are shut and closed cases without a reason to contest anything. There is barely any  arrests being made from investigative work. I have rped a criminal on this server for over 3000 hours and on my main characters where i have been rping seriously i have been arrested only 1 time through a stupid mistake that i made and detectives being in the area by luck and even they admitted to it IC.

IF there would be arrests made from ivestigative work then there would be things to contest. If someone gets caught with an illegal gun on them what is the point to contest it?

Has anyone ever taken a look at why is SD being praised for their roleplay way more than PD? Maybe it's time to take a hard look at the faction and dig out the underlying issues within the faction and start cleaning up. I don't agree with PD bashing at all because it will not get anything done. But if anyone thinks there is no issues within PD and a lot of PD members rp then there isn't anything to discuss really.

3 minutes ago, Copacetic said:

I want to apologise to you. I'm not exactly sure why this thread turned I to such a nightmare and I'll refrain from pointing fingers but just know, I take your original point seriously and I'm very interested in speaking and working with you on how you and others think we can do better.

With Copacetic's point, I'm going to be locking this thread.

@Max3 I do suggest you talk to Copacetic directly with your concerns and see what you can do to work with him. He's a very open-minded person and I'm sure that'll be more productive given the path this discussion has taken.

Here is a topic for anyone interested in general PD concerns since that seems to be the bulk of the discussion.

Locked!

Edited by FullyCanadian