Warrants and Police Raids.

Max3

Just now, Jola said:

Action speaks for itself, there wouldn't be complaints if there wasn't a problem.

I see. You're one of those people who's interested in standing in the corner talking about the problem rather than offering examples or solutions. That's fine, just don't be shocked when nobody takes you seriously. If anybody else would like to offer constructive criticism or ideas to better the problem outlined in this thread, I'm all ears. 

Just now, Copacetic said:

I see. You're one of those people who's interested in standing in the corner talking about the problem rather than offering examples or solutions. That's fine, just don't be shocked when nobody takes you seriously. If anybody else would like to offer constructive criticism or ideas to better the problem outlined in this thread, I'm all ears. 

The solution is to get better judges.

Just now, Copacetic said:

Would the JSA be open to making previous/outdated warrant requests open to the public, (after private information is scrubbed) or release it to specific parties upon request, such as the press / requesting civilians? 

Edited by Mitch
52 minutes ago, Big_Smokes said:

^ this too. We (PD Staff) & JSA leadership recently went through the numbers and found that about 70% of all arrests are guilty pleas. For some reason people don't feel the need/want to contest their charges, warrants or anything in court. I would honestly like it if people started doing that more. Because if there is anything we are doing wrong, that would be the simplest way of finding out.

I could do everything on my end to have my guys write up the most 100% perfect ideal warrants, but without checks and balances that would still not be sustainable in the long run. Challenge what happened in the field in court. Give us the opportunity to make use of that one thing we all want to make use of. (Court, that is)

They don't contest the charges because they'd rather take the 1-2 days of jail up their ass rather than spend 2 weeks trying to get a court case going.

Just now, Shiro said:

They don't contest the charges because they'd rather take the 1-2 days of jail up their ass rather than spend 2 weeks trying to get a court case going.

Or in the case of Benny Black, wait out the entire trial period then have the judge add ADDITIONAL time when you bring up the fact that you've already served your entire sentence while the trial was on going.

Just now, Mitch said:

Would the JSA be open to making previous/outdated warrant requests open to the public, (after private information is scrubbed) or release it to specific parties upon request, such as the press / requesting civilians? 

Not only would I be willing to do that, I'd be willing to review our entire warrant system.