Warrants and Police Raids.

Max3

Just now, Toe tagging said:

Let me take it to FM for them to completely ignore, I’ll hop on that 

I suggest you try reaching out. My name is Smokey#3454 on discord. I'd love to hear exactly what you have an issue with and how me and my faction can help improve on that front. My DM's are open to anyone and everyone.

1 minute ago, BinaryRun said:

One thing that I'd like to add is that it's very easy to contest an arrest warrant. If you please not-guilty or no contest, then you can have your case brought up for trial and that judge is going to scrutinize the arrest warrant, any search warrants and all documentations. If the PD/SD made a mistake then that will certainly have consequences.

^ this too. We (PD Staff) & JSA leadership recently went through the numbers and found that about 70% of all arrests are guilty pleas. For some reason people don't feel the need/want to contest their charges, warrants or anything in court. I would honestly like it if people started doing that more. Because if there is anything we are doing wrong, that would be the simplest way of finding out.

I could do everything on my end to have my guys write up the most 100% perfect ideal warrants, but without checks and balances that would still not be sustainable in the long run. Challenge what happened in the field in court. Give us the opportunity to make use of that one thing we all want to make use of. (Court, that is)

5 minutes ago, BinaryRun said:

One thing that I'd like to add is that it's very easy to contest an arrest warrant. If you please not-guilty or no contest, then you can have your case brought up for trial and that judge is going to scrutinize the arrest warrant, any search warrants and all documentations. If the PD/SD made a mistake then that will certainly have consequences.

The issue is that this seems to be the same answer every time PD is scrutinized for they're behavior. I have 0 faith in the justice system on this server because I've seen first hand just how swayed in LEO's favor it is.

These are genuine concerns that are leaving many players unhappy with the servers direction. If you'd like for a majority of the hardcore criminal RPers to just leave the server outright then please continue to suggest we go the IC route because we have and it's time and time again gone nowhere. 

This is an OOC issue that needs to be handled OOCly, staff either intervenes and puts a stop to the bullshit just like they did with the use of K9's months ago or people stop playing.

Edited by Henning
  • Upvote 2

Hi, so it's my factions responsibility to issue warrants for all manner of things. If you feel that we're doing it incorrectly or at an unfair rate, please reach out to me. I'm happy to have a conversation with ANY person on this server and I'm certainly happy to communicate with illegal faction leaders and members/criminal RPers to help improve your experience from an IC standpoint. If you feel that a policy I have is unfair or isn't working, please reach out to me via PMs on either the forums, discord and TeamSpeak and I will be happy to address issues and make changes if needed. 

1 hour ago, Sacred said:

First of all, 'gun' dogs are non-existent. Not even the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) has access to these 'gun' dogs in real life. I don't know why they were scripted in. Gun dogs do not exist.

The main thing here is that LEO RPers (a select few) are going with the play-to-win route, which should be frowned upon by faction leadership and administrators.  I think this falls on the judicial faction, as they are the ones approving these. They need to start enforcing stricter rules. Something like raiding a house for a man holding a gun on Facebrowser should be investigated before a search warrant is executed.

I just think this is funny because I could prove this blatant lie wrong with a quick Google search: https://www.atf.gov/explosives/accelerant-and-explosives-detection-canines

"As a bonus, because of their conditioning to smokeless powder and other explosive fillers, ATF trained explosives detection canines can detect firearms and ammunition hidden in containers and vehicles, on persons and buried underground."

• Applaud 1
5 minutes ago, Jola said:

We need more neutral judges, until then this should be reviewed by the roleplay quality team. If everyone is complaining about it there is a problem.

More neutral judges? That's not only a non-issue, it makes it seem like the JSA is beholden to PD and SD when in reality, we argue and disagree all the time. As I said earlier, if you have real suggestions on how the system could be made better or specific incidents of misconduct, I'll address them and make changes where possible. Don't baselessly accuse the Judiciary of San Andreas of bias.

Just now, Copacetic said:

More neutral judges? That's not only a non-issue, it makes it seem like the JSA is beholden to PD and SD when in reality, we argue and disagree all the time. As I said earlier, if you have real suggestions on how the system could be made better or specific incidents of misconduct, I'll address them and make changes where possible. Don't baselessly accuse the Judiciary of San Andreas of bias.

Action speaks for itself, there wouldn't be complaints if there wasn't a problem.

Edited by Jola