Make RPing mandatory while gambling

Pádraig

A simple suggestion to fix some of the problems I've found in my extensive time in regards to gambling RP. Make it so that gamblers or dealers that don't RP are reportable (in the same way that mechanics and truckers are). While there are more suggestions to fix gambling this one is simple, doesn't require any editing of scripts and fixes a good chunk of issues.

• Upvote 2

Personally I think it shouldn't be really, really mandatory. Already most people roleplay it if they feel like and I don't mind the way gambling roleplay is happening currently. When playing poker I personally opt for playing it faster and keep the game going rather than stop after every single move.

Can't really support it unfortunately.

Edited by R0xx0r

What issues does this fix? All this will do is force repetitive /mes and slow down the gambling scripts a lot. 

There's enough RP for gambling already. If someone hits blackjack or there's a big poker hand, people by default will react via RP.

I'm not asking for people to type out the same five /me's over and over again. Its quite tough to come up with creative /me's doing the same thing for an hour or two. But the amount of lifeless people that sit on blackjack tables that don't utter a word, or type a single /me boggles the mind.

30 minutes ago, RoryR said:

What issues does this fix? All this will do is force repetitive /mes and slow down the gambling scripts a lot. 

There's enough RP for gambling already. If someone hits blackjack or there's a big poker hand, people by default will react via RP.

I've been first-hand witness to so many people that only want to feed their OOC gambling addiction and will sit there clicking buttons and its frustrating. If you're already RPing, talking, throwing in a /me every once in a while then there should be no problem. If you're there for a solid hour and you've touched the chatbox once or twice, that's a problem.

Sounds like you're forcing  people at the table to talk with you because you're bored. I'd rather recommend it IG through an automatic response after /jointable, and let the community be responsible for promoting this in the game, for example by talking about someone else's game or demonstrating your actions with cards.

Automatic roleplay lines after joining a table would be better in my opinion, preferrably through /ame so as to not clutter up the chat. I don't like the idea of forcing roleplay upon others when the actions you are performing can be seen by a script, it should be optional in this case. Now, if people don't roleplay the after-effects of losing a big chunk of money on gambling or something else that would inevitably spark up a reaction on your character during the game, then I agree there is a problem and it should be reportable but that technically already falls under poor character portrayal and general failure to roleplay so nothing exactly needs to be changed here.

Edited by Shaderz
  • Upvote 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic