[GUIDE] Vehicle Modifications

5a58e3392d9f7_logot1.png.0134f3647ff90d6

Mechanic System: Vehicle Modifications

GTA World Version: 1.91

H0I9Azq.jpg

El Burro Autos by @Jura

Why hello.... o/

Well it's me again with another guide, except this time I'm A STAFF MEMBER! Special thanks to management for giving me this opportunity. ❤️

This guide has been requested of me before, but I finally decided to take the time, and I will do my best to cover the questions regarding your vehicles and modifications. Whether you just bought a new car or a used one from another player. You're looking for a place to put some power under the hood...or maybe you just need to fit your style by throwing some new shoes and shades on the new whip you bought from a used dealer or another person around Los Santos.

If your character has a career as a mechanic, they can make a pretty decent living, but keep in mind that it is preferred that you have in-depth knowledge about how vehicle engines work from the paint down to the bolts connecting the transfer case on a four-wheel-drive truck. It is also preferred that your ability to roleplay be exceptional. I'll cover the mechanic job in another guide. Let's get to it. Shout out to @Moe for helping me with the screens on the menus!

Table of Contents

1. Where can I mod my car?

2. A Catalog?

3. Opened Catalog

4. Modification Menu

5. Why a different lock and alarm?

6. Why is the Anti-Theft System needed?

7. Maintenance!? Why?

*Please make sure you have cash on hand if you intend to purchase GPS, Locks, Alarms, and/or Anti-Theft to avoid going OOC*  -> Good Catch by @HerrFalcon

1. Where can I mod my car?

There are various places around Los Santos that you can mod your car. The garages that are around the city are all player-owned, and the mechanics who role-play installing the modifications are active characters as well. Newer players might feel like they can't find a shop to get their car customized, but that is because there may not be a shop open at the time they need the work done.

nnQMPXL.png

Usually, when there is a shop open with a mechanic ready to provide service, they will use the advertisement system to let every player in the server know they are open for business. Mechanics with an active Gold or Platinum donor subscription can place business advertisements that allow you to see the exact location on your map. If you need to get some work done, just look for this green spray-can blip on your map, mark your way point, and cruise on over.

2. A Catalog?

Yep! You read that correctly because typically offering a catalog is how they ask you if you are ready to look at the menu. This is where all the roleplay begins, and I'll be honest with you; The experience never gets old when you get a mechanic that is also a veteran roleplayer. It is the little details that count most on this server.

pbikcbg.png

Get in there! See that blue circle? Yeah, I'm sure you've seen them before, but that is the general vicinity in which you need to start customizing your vehicle when you arrive at the garage. When you press Y it will open the menu-....or uh the "catalog"....

3. Opened Catalog

Well, they range and are basically the same for each vehicle, and personally, I think that is pretty nice because I always know how much something is going to cost. 

While the roleplay here might be complex for most... At least getting a big turbo isn't!

*Please make sure you have cash on hand if you intend to purchase GPS, Locks, Alarms, and/or Anti-Theft to avoid going OOC*  -> Good Catch by @HerrFalcon

v8wMtUb.png

WE ARE FINALLY HERE, DAD!

Well kind of.. There are a lot of options, but for each tier I will list the prices that can be expected in the menu.

• Repair Vehicle: $500 - I'm pretty sure you know what that does...
  • Clean Vehicle: $500 - Get that sparkly shine back after a trip to Blaine County.
  • Mod Vehicle - All the Goodies
  • Locks - Improve your locks to keep them pickers out!
  • Alarms - Do you want to be heard?
  • Anti-Theft - STOP! Where is it?
  • GPS - Where are we again dad?
  • Inspection - I swear it's legit.

4. Modification Menu & Pricing

Who has entered this menu and thought to themselves, what do I want to buy?.... I haven't because I love the sound of a turbo!
Some vehicles have just performance modifications, and some have a lot of cosmetic modifications!

Performance Mods

All tiers have always been the same price and I'm not sure for how long.

aZu892k.png

Paint Job & Neons

mIjBwSu.png

When it comes to coloring your vehicle or the color of your new neons, the menu will look the same. Color menus are your traditional RGB(255,255,255).

If you have a certain color that you like, you can enter the format here. You can look up and create your own personal color here.

Here are the prices for everything within the mod menu

• Respray: $1,250 (Paint Job)
  • Engine: $8,000
  • Brakes: $5,000
  • Transmission: $2,000
  • Suspension: $5,000
  • Wheels: $750
  • Plate: $5,000
  • Turbo: $9,000
  • Xenon: $400
  • Neons: 7,000
  • Window Tint: $200

If your car has more options to customize

• Hood: $2,000
  • Fenders: $1500
  • Roof: $2,000
  • Liverys: $3,500
  • Spoiler: $2,000
  • Front Bumper: $1,600
  • Rear Bumper: $1,600
  • Side Skirt: $1,200
  • Exhaust: $1,500
  • Frame: $2,000
  • Grille: $1,250

5. Why a Different Lock and Alarm?

"Keep on knockin' but cha' can't come in!"

Look... I thought it was silly until I had to walk all the way to Los Santos from Paleto Bay. Lockpicks are rare, but they suck when someone has some.

lpJ51oy.png

You get what you pay for! You spend nothing... Expect nothing..... Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what..... Okay but seriously the higher the tier you pay for... The safer your car is.. It's just common sense folks. ?

While the two systems play best together, they are separate purchases, so keep that in mind.

Alarms

Level 1: You have just a few second delay in the alarm sounding - Vehicle Standard

Level 2: There is less delay in the alarm sounding. You will be notified. - $5,000

Level 3 :There will be no delay in your allow sounding. You and LSPD will be notified. - $10,000

Locks

Level 1 (Easy): Many attempts to break in. - Vehicle Standard

Level 2 (Medium): Less attempts to break in. - $3,000

Level 3 (Hard): Very few attempts to break in. - $6,000

6. Why is an anti-theft system needed?

I swear I left it right..... HERE!

QcsEHik.png

While the two systems play best together, they are separate purchases, so keep that in mind. Well, you might have, but somebody borrowed it for a second. This system is commonly disregarded, and I'm not sure if it is just because people just aren't aware of what the feature is capable of, but maybe you'll be making a trip to your nearest mechanic to have one installed afterward. Whether it be an OOC bug related issue for your car missing or somebody took it for a joy ride... Look no further!!!   /antitheft is going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread for you.

Only the newest models of cars owners might see level four as an option, so please keep that in mind.

Level 1: Short Range Tracking - $5,000

Level 2: Long Range Tracking - $10,000

Level 3: Long Rage Tracking + Short Range Engine Disabling - $15,000

Level 4: Long Range Tracking + Long Range Engine Disabling - $20,000

7. Maintenance!? Why?

xZHDQlp.png

Well, to simulate realism... That's why! When you start getting this warning, you better get it to the shop and get it serviced. This also comes in handy when you're buying a car from a player or used-car dealership that is player owned because the inspection feature also tells you the date your vehicle was last maintained and what the mileage was! Isn't that somethin'?

Well there ya' have it folks.. Another guide. Now ya know.. Now I sleep.

Have something else in mind that should be covered? Drop it in the comments below.

See ya!

Edited by Bash
Corrected Grammar and Punctuation
  • Upvote 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Applaud 1

14/June/2020

Added:

Who and Where to Mod

Menu Location

Opened Menu Information and Services Pricing

Vehicle Locking Information & Pricing

Vehicle Alarms Information & Pricing (Thanks to @zaXer. for the reminder!)

Anti-Theft System Information & Pricing

Maintenance Information

Edited:

Added disclaimer alerting players to have cash on hand for GPS, Locks, Alarms, and Anti-Theft (Good Looks @HerrFalcon)

Merged Locks & Alarms

Edited by Bash
Just now, zaXer. said:

Good guide, but what about alarms?

Well the locks just scale the difficulty and the alarm levels are what alerts are given from none to lspd..
I guess I can add that in there! Good catch lol!

Just now, Bash said:

Well the locks just scale the difficulty and the alarm levels are what alerts are given from none to lspd..
I guess I can add that in there! Good catch lol!

Yeah, they're seperate thigns though! You can buy alarms without locks, or locks without alarms ? I'm curious to know how exactly the alarms work, because the feature documentation seems outdated.

9 minutes ago, Denise said:

I find it difficult to keep reading in some places as the on-and-off informal typing style distracts me from the actual content and the information being presented, but I like the thoroughness. Thanks.

I apologize for causing the distractions in my writing.
I try to be as personable as I can while maintaining professionalism with a friendly attitude.

My reason for my style is with intention to show that I am just as much as a player as everyone else.

You're honestly the first person that has mentioned this. I have always been told that others my writing interesting.

Boring guides are skimmed and tossed to the side. My intentions are to grab the attention of my readers and teach them something.
I've tried the text-book style of writing and have made far less of an impact.

Thank you for your feedback

Edited by Bash
  • Bash pinned this topic