Knives in Gun Stores

18Cowboys

Short description: Let knives be available in player-owned gun stores.

Detailed description: As a gun store owner, I've had my store for less than two days and had 5-10 people coming in asking if there's anything we can sell unlicensed, specifically a knife for self-defense. I have unfortunately had to tell them no, but I find it realistic for a gun/weapons shop to have a few knives to sell, if you go to any gun store in real life (at least where I live) they will have a small selection of knives for sale.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: Basic Knife / Does less than a gun shot but would be less money than a gun.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Adds knives which a lot of people carry for self defense if they are not licensed.

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

Would be nice to see but I don't think we'll be getting anything in gun shops anytime soon. People suggested more pistols/knives in gun shops a while ago, such as the Heavy Pistol and the MK2 pistols, but Nervous said no. Don't hold your breath.

I'd also like to see stuff like maybe super expensive silencers or flashlights on firearms but I just wanna get a knife into the game at the moment.

23 minutes ago, 18Cowboys said:

I'd also like to see stuff like maybe super expensive silencers or flashlights on firearms but I just wanna get a knife into the game at the moment.

they already said weapon attachments is gonna happen soon.

also knives being in gunstores ruins car chopping system since knives and brass knuckles are made with chopped car scraps, so that would need to be revamped to have an entire other use. It isnt as simple as just letting gun stores sell knives.

The thing is there never use to be any issues with switchblades on the server until 1.6 They was relatively easy to purchase due to the mining script and metallurgist job working hand and hand.

It use to be the case making lockpicks was free you just needed to mine some copper, you then just needed to steal a car to get some car parts that you can turn into metal parts to make a switchblade. It use to be extremely cheap to do this and take little time especially as the server was up for much longer intervals so there was lots more abandoned cars to take (players logged off etc). When 1.6 came along they removed the mining script and increased the cost to make lockpicks and switchblades, this caused switchblades to boom up in price and lockpicks to become silly to produce. You've got to steal cars to make more lockpicks and the risk is you won't get as many car parts from the car you steal as the amount of lockpicks that it costed you to steal (it changes on a random system).

I think they either need to make it easier to make switchblades once again and or add a way of purchasing them in game (through hardware stores or gun stores).

Edited by Hawken/Moscropp
  • Upvote 1
On 6/13/2020 at 8:28 PM, Shekh said:

they already said weapon attachments is gonna happen soon.

also knives being in gunstores ruins car chopping system since knives and brass knuckles are made with chopped car scraps, so that would need to be revamped to have an entire other use. It isnt as simple as just letting gun stores sell knives.

Then perhaps it shouldn't work that way lol.  

3 hours ago, Momo's Revenge said:

Then perhaps it shouldn't work that way lol.  

then suggest an in depth replacement for how to change the car chopping system and what to replace it with, while catering to both legal and illegal rpers. It's not as simple as it sounds you can't just throw knives in gunstores and cross your fingers.

Update: I'm getting around 5-10 people a day now coming into my store asking for knives, please, you don't have to scrap a car in real life to get a knife, and you wouldn't be able to scrap a car with only a knife, this would be most likely only a melee weapon.

• mj2002 locked this topic