I feel like ped skins are frowned upon

Blondie

I Never had problems with people that use standart vanilla GTA 5 skins, nor i look at them differently.

GTA Online customizable skins are a Huge plus, unlike SAMP. But the real problem is that you can only have standart physical built - which means that you can't be fat/tall/short or muscular.

I think that using standart vanilla skins is okey, if it fits your characters appearance. It shouldn't be shunned somehow OOC'ly.

Ped skins are both good and bad at the same time. Yes, they add a ton of detail to whatever character you want to portray. They are truly unique. At the same time, it is a lazy option. You don't have the choice to change clothes, hairstyle, add tattoos or whatever. You're just stuck with it. Again, it depends on what you want to portray.

I'll fight anyone talking shit about Doink.

Modded clothes are worse than ped skins. Yeah, you're wearing a sick pair of Nikes, an icy jacket, and some nice pants on your screen but I don't have the mods so you look like a circus freak wearing a chessboard.

• Applaud 2

Yeah I don't see what's wrong with "Doink" myself either, never roleplayed with them, but what is making people so upset about a man roleplaying as a muscley weight-lifter who goes into businesses topless? Those people exist in real life... If you want realism you must accept diversity and variety otherwise the server will get bland and stale real fast. As long as you're roleplaying and following the rules I don't see a problem with the way someone presents their character, that's just me.

Edited by Blondie
Just now, Henning said:

People who think PED skins are a "Lazy" option don't know how to actually develop and RP a character. Some of the best RP I've received was from PED skins, they aren't concerned about playing barbie dress up all the time.

Couldn't agree more, I find it way more fun when someone strays outside of the normal 21-26 year old supermodel look that the online skin limits you to. It's unfortunate when people assume someone is a troll because they choose to use a fat skin because their character is fat. 

I've had someone say I couldnt use my skin at a job IC because "my ped skin wasn't detailed enough" (Which I couldn't disagree more with, I find ped skins 10x more detailed and unique). Also, I could spend the time making a GTAonline character, It's not about laziness it's about personal taste, that's not gonna negate the fact I'm unsatisfied with the customization options and the fact that there's no body sliders, I don't want my character to have football player shoulders and a flat chest, I get that you roleplay those assets, but it's both an aesthetic and personal choice I make and I'm happy to see some people agreeing with that because I personally don't find it lazy not to spend an hour on a character that will look ugly either way.

• 6 months later...