I feel like ped skins are frowned upon

Blondie

9/10 the ped skins look better than these generic looking 20 y/o super models running around LS. I agree effort needs to be put into creating a character, but I entirely 110% disagree that using a ped skin somehow exemplifies a lack of effort. To the OP, I'm sorry you felt you were treated this way. I honestly would prefer seeing more ped skin users in the server. Variety is the spice of life.

Edited by Chef
On 6/12/2020 at 9:06 AM, Anselmi said:

It just feels like the lazy option, especially when you've got so many great features in place that allow you to create a unique character - that's my two cents on it. Not to say that I judge people for using a ped skin, unless it's an obviously trolly skin. I can't say I've ever seen people treated different for using ped skins either.

pretty much this.

the amount of times i've seen this guy walk into a bar at 10pm shows one of many examples of why ped skins MIGHT be prejudiced 

T1xqWN3.png

Edited by joshua

I've never noticed anyone frown upon me using GTA ped skins. I've used a Marabunta Grande Gang skin ingame for their appearance that resembles a real life MS-13 member, people react differently to my character in the ped skin as opposed to seeing him in a GTA Online skin, which is very limited in terms of tattoos, whereas the Marabunta Grande skin has tattoos all over his face, as my char ICly does.

• Upvote 1

I like ped skins. I don't like that we can't do much to them even though I know there are other servers that allow stuff like masks to go on ped skins. A huge GTA V streamer on twitch uses a ski mask for example on his old asian ped all the time. If you want to conceal yourself you can't use a ped skin afaik. And for why you wouldn't want to use a gtao skin... They look awful especially for women because you are just as tall as men and if you want to RP fat for example you have to purposely limit yourself to bulky clothes that cover you up so it seems more like you are fat. Even then it probably wouldn't be noticed.

Edited by Momo's Revenge
13 hours ago, Anselmi said:

It just feels like the lazy option, especially when you've got so many great features in place that allow you to create a unique character - that's my two cents on it. Not to say that I judge people for using a ped skin, unless it's an obviously trolly skin. I can't say I've ever seen people treated different for using ped skins either.

Show me a GTAO skin that looks like an old man and doesn't look like an Alien with grey hair.

15 hours ago, Anselmi said:

Not quite right I'd say. I am currently using a ped skin only because I can't customize my gta online character to come any close to a homless person. What if I want an aged and fat character? it's the only thing the customzation is being limited to, hence we have to relay on the ped skins. 

And no, I don't think people are being treated different or frown upon for using ped skins.

Edited by Darius94

I guess it's give or take. I think ped skins should be given a little more attention to. The lack of face models that could be implemented but aren't make me sad, I don't like my peds skins face model at all but know there's another face model she can use but I can't access it on this server. Sad. But I think maybe I've been sensitive and thats why i felt the way I did, after hearing other people's opinions I feel better.

the only real drawback to ped skins is that u cant /mask using them, although. Some of the ped skins (One of the Marabunta Grande skins and the Azteca skin) have bandannas and masks for their faces. I believe one of the Asian skins has a similar feature, although there's no /mask available, you can rp hiding your face under the skin's mask accessory. Your wardrobe will also be severely limited, with only 3-4 different variations for outfits.

The thing is also with Ped skins is they usually require a little bit more effort to roleplay properly and be able to get your character's vibe across. I personally believe everyone using a ped skin should set a detailed /attributes, imo it's much more required to do than if someone's using a GTA Online skin.

IMO GTA Online skins are very samey and irritating to make. I always have to reach out to OOC friends to assist me in making a new face for every character, so I enjoy using Ped skins alot more, because I can just change the face/skin as I change my character. Meaning 40% of my time and money doesnt have to go into buying tattoos/surgery for my character and can instead go into roleplay.

Everything I've said above considered though, some Ped/Singleplayer skins should be removed. I'm looking at the altruist cult skins, the steroid junkie skin (We all know which one) and a few other unrealistic looking skins (Aswell as the storymode skins that people may recognize.) The skins that should be avaliable in my opinion are the regular everyday pedestrian ones and the gangster skins (Marabunta, Vagos, Ballas, Aztecas, Families) Because although none of these skins (apart from Marabunta) match any ingame gangs or their colors perfectly, they can still be used in roleplay scenes.

Edited by El Ghetto Man