Can't run RAGEMP

Bouncer

Right so, I have playing normally till like 5 days ago or something, establishing connection phase took too long to load - multiple times, so I tried reinstalling. Ever since I have encountered even a worse problem, after the launcher loads, a message "This app can't run on PC" pops up, I shrugged and tried launching it again, brings up the loading screen and takes too long which isn't normal, then when it finally finishes and I try to connect to the server, the launcher crashes mid establishing connection phase, this process happens literally every time I try to reinstall, I have even tried to download it all over again but still no luck. If anyone knows a solve to this I will be so grateful, it's becoming increasingly annoying to me that I cannot play.

Edited by Bouncer

I experienced a similar situation a few days ago.  At one point I was getting the "App cannot run on this PC" message when opening Rage, too.  Tried so many things over the course of two days but what finally worked was uninstalling everything (Rockstar, GTAV, Rage) by using a program to force uninstall (because I also wasn't able to uninstall Rage), then reinstalling.  It took forever but it fixed the problem.  Not sure if it'd work in your case but it's what worked in mine so, may be worth a shot?

Edited by Starlyn

Update: I actually got IG once (not really but I was inside GTA but downloading the server files), but the issue where I have to go through RAGEMP's loading screen for like 20 mins, and download server assets all over again is still there. It's the like the data just vanishes.

1 hour ago, Timeline said:

Maybe if you provide a record, I'm pretty sure someone'd be able to assist you efficiently.

I can't provide a vid rn because my internet is so ass, but basically every time I launch RAGE this loading screen comes up all over again like I have just finished installing it for the first time, and it's there for like 20 mins before loading up, also the server assets download all over again

wIN7LOE.png

53 minutes ago, Bouncer said:

Another update: I can get IG but this process happens every time which takes about half an hour which is really frustrating.

You need to do the following.

- Make sure you aren't running ANY anti-virus or anti-malware software. Sometimes adding an exception to updater.exe and ragemp_v.exe helps, but sometimes it doesn't.

- Make  sure you have allowances in your Windows Firewall by going to the start button

1. Type "Allow" and you'll see "Allow an app through windows firewall" formulate in the search results.
  2. Click it.
  3. Click "Change Settings" above the top right corner of the box of programs.
  4. Scroll down and see if you see Grand Theft Auto V. Then scroll down more and see if you have Rage Multiplayer Launcher, and a little more to see if you have updater.
  5.  If you have none of these you need to click "Allow another app" at the boom right.
  6. Navigate to their directories and add these exe files.
  7. Then once you add each one, scroll to them, and check the boxes for private and public.
  8. Try launching again.
On 6/12/2020 at 4:02 AM, Bash said:

You need to do the following.

- Make sure you aren't running ANY anti-virus or anti-malware software. Sometimes adding an exception to updater.exe and ragemp_v.exe helps, but sometimes it doesn't.

- Make  sure you have allowances in your Windows Firewall by going to the start button

1. Type "Allow" and you'll see "Allow an app through windows firewall" formulate in the search results.
  2. Click it.
  3. Click "Change Settings" above the top right corner of the box of programs.
  4. Scroll down and see if you see Grand Theft Auto V. Then scroll down more and see if you have Rage Multiplayer Launcher, and a little more to see if you have updater.
  5.  If you have none of these you need to click "Allow another app" at the boom right.
  6. Navigate to their directories and add these exe files.
  7. Then once you add each one, scroll to them, and check the boxes for private and public.
  8. Try launching again.

I've actually tried it all, but still no luck. Anyways, I can get IG but I have to wait for like 20 minutes as I said to get in which is odd for the launcher to load data all over again. 

13 minutes ago, Bouncer said:

I've actually tried it all, but still no luck. Anyways, I can get IG but I have to wait for like 20 minutes as I said to get in which is odd for the launcher to load data all over again. 

Go to your RageMP folder, delete everything but updater.exe

Run updater.exe

GOLD

This is be better than uninstall, because the updater will redownload everything from their master.

Uninstall can leave stuff behind

Edited by Bash
On 6/13/2020 at 3:42 PM, Bash said:

Go to your RageMP folder, delete everything but updater.exe

Run updater.exe

GOLD

This is be better than uninstall, because the updater will redownload everything from their master.

Uninstall can leave stuff behind

OMG it really worked, I can't really state how grateful I am man, thank you so much.