Game crashes at loading server files (June 2020).

The problem (apparently): RAGE:MP's new overlay or something just got dropped and it ticked off antivirus software for some of us.

THIS IS PROBABLY A SHORT TERM ISSUE BUT HAVING THESE RULES IN THE FIREWALL IS USEFUL ANYWAY TO PREVENT FUTURE CRASHES AND PROBLEMS.

What worked for me and some other people is going into Windows firewall with advanced security and adding the following rules:

OUTBOUND and INBOUND rules (ALLOW THE CONNECTION)

- GTA5.exe   (GTA 5 MAIN FOLDER LOCATION)
- PlayGTAV.exe   (GTA 5 MAIN FOLDER LOCATION)
- GTAVLauncher.exe   (GTA 5 MAIN FOLDER LOCATION)

- updater.exe   (RAGEMP FOLDER LOCATION)
- ragemp_v.exe   (RAGEMP FOLDER LOCATION)

To do that search Windows firewall with advanced security and just add the rules.

Also disable any antivirus you use like Malwarebytes, Avast, even Windows Defender and it should work fine.

STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL
IF CONFUSED LOOK AT THIS
https://www.howtogeek.com/112564/how-to-create-advanced-firewall-rules-in-the-windows-firewall/

> Search for Windows firewall with advanced security after pressing the Windows key
> Go to inbound rules and add the rules one by one
> Click on NEW RULE
> Select PROGRAM
> Put in the correct path f.e. C://RAGEMP/updater.exe FOR ALL THE .exe FILES. ALL LISTED ABOVE.
> Select "Allow the connection"
> REPEAT the EXACT same process for OUTBOUND RULES for ALL THE .exe FILES LISTED ABOVE.

The .exe files that are needed for this to work are listed above and are located in either the RAGEMP folder or your MAIN GTA 5 FOLDER.
This will work on any GTA 5 version and does not modify any game files or your system.

Sorry for not providing any screenshots but I don't think they are necessary and my system language is Polish so it would just be confusing.
Also this is probably a short term issue and I don't think we need to give it much attention.

ALSO CREDITS TO BASH FOR HELPING US ALL OUT. BIG LOVE ❤️

Edited by hentai!
  • Thanks 1
  • Bombie pinned this topic