High School Roleplay?

MCB666

1 minute ago, Gambler said:

Way to answer at what you want too from the many issues and way to reply with irrelevant and unpractical solutions anyway.

i tried and have been unable to decipher the first half of your post, but I don't see how my reply consists of "irrelevant and unpractical solutions". if anything this seems like a petty attempt at turning this into a back-forth argument

in case it wasn't clear, homework/exams will be there but we're doing it in a way that won't turn them into a burden, I'm not sure if I should give details yet because I'm simply not the one in charge

5 hours ago, Wanda Johnson said:

I think the school in Richman on Richman Street and Perfect Drive (the university) would be a wonderful spot to the put facilities, but it's just something ambitious that sprung to mind today, I thought it'd make people happy, promote realistic roleplay [...]

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but are we talking about replacing ULSA with a high school? ULSA can create RP for potentially the entire playerbase, but Richman High would be super niche. I think replacing ULSA will limit RP opportunities.

ULSA is the Los Santos representation of the world famous University of California system. Realistically any character on the server could go to ULSA if they had money/grades/scholarships. They could be a poor kids from South Los Santos, they could be from another state or another country, they could be a college athlete, they could be fresh out of high school or an older person coming back for more, they could be taking classes during the day or taking night classes after their job. Lots of options!

But high schools are normally more territorial. Richman High School would realistically only be taking rich teenagers from Richman, Del Perro, Vinewood Hills, and other nearby neighbourhoods. I strongly suggest a more central location like downtown or South Los Santos if you want to reach most of the teenage characters. (IDK which building would be good.) But that will also mean teachers and students will want to be familiar with the local area. For example, Norma Mendoza-Denton's research shows high school teachers trying to mediate the Sureno-Norteno rivalry in their classrooms, and these kids aren't always gang members, it's a cultural thing. But on that note Joey Nunez Estrada, et al. (Health Education Research, Volume 28, Issue 4, August 2013) found that about 10% of California 7th graders said they were in gangs.

I imagine the challenges of RPing high school will be similar to county jail, and there's a reason that schools are often compared to jails in academia. The way to avoid this would be to try creating a private school or just stick to a rich neighbourhood, but I still wouldn't like to see ULSA used for something so limited.

I know I'm being critical, but I really do like the idea of school RP.

24 minutes ago, Caracosa said:

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but are we talking about replacing ULSA with a high school? ULSA can create RP for potentially the entire playerbase, but Richman High would be super niche. I think replacing ULSA will limit RP opportunities.

ULSA is the Los Santos representation of the world famous University of California system. Realistically any character on the server could go to ULSA if they had money/grades/scholarships. They could be a poor kids from South Los Santos, they could be from another state or another country, they could be a college athlete, they could be fresh out of high school or an older person coming back for more, they could be taking classes during the day or taking night classes after their job. Lots of options!

But high schools are normally more territorial. Richman High School would realistically only be taking rich teenagers from Richman, Del Perro, Vinewood Hills, and other nearby neighbourhoods. I strongly suggest a more central location like downtown or South Los Santos if you want to reach most of the teenage characters. (IDK which building would be good.) But that will also mean teachers and students will want to be familiar with the local area. For example, Norma Mendoza-Denton's research shows high school teachers trying to mediate the Sureno-Norteno rivalry in their classrooms, and these kids aren't always gang members, it's a cultural thing. But on that note Joey Nunez Estrada, et al. (Health Education Research, Volume 28, Issue 4, August 2013) found that about 10% of California 7th graders said they were in gangs.

I imagine the challenges of RPing high school will be similar to county jail, and there's a reason that schools are often compared to jails in academia. The way to avoid this would be to try creating a private school or just stick to a rich neighbourhood, but I still wouldn't like to see ULSA used for something so limited.

I know I'm being critical, but I really do like the idea of school RP.

I thought there could be ways around that like ULSA offering High School Classes for "at risk teens" for a new program they implement, or just scrap ULSA altogether and ICly "move it" somewhere since the building and grounds don't seem used from what I've seen and none of the buildings are enterable/lockable/rentable/etc. I suggested ULSA because it has a large campus, football field, tennis area, and other commons to enjoy a big and vast area for roleplay. I don't see ULSA used at all, period, right now so I thought why not put such a beautiful scene into roleplay, and High School Roleplay doesn't have to be limiting, it will of course start out that way but after gaining traction and the playerbase noticing that it's becoming regular and serious I believe it would implement more traffic to school rp and promote more people creating students/teachers to RP if they see how serious the faction would become. Davis High School is okay but very small and doesn't look that much like a school, not opposed to roleplaying there either though! I suggested ULSA and rebranding it as "Richman High School" because I didn't notice they were looking to start up a Davis High School, but I still think ULSA would be better for a high school, and if disagreed, at least do /something/ with ULSA cause it just sits here looking pretty, a waste if you ask me. Bottom line, the college students and high schoolers could share the same space, some colleges /do/ offer high school programs. We should also be thinking of what makes sense in terms of how it fits on the server, and as Richman is in a nice place in the GTA universe and it is a college, there are also not as many other good examples of a campus and having just one school in a bad neighborhood limits those who might want to become students, at Richman High School nobody would be turned away based on their class/money/etc... It was just an idea/suggestion I had and was looking to start suggesting to implement until I found Davis High School was becoming a thing. I figured bus services could be offered prior to class starting if people need transportation. There's ways around all of this. I'd like for you to find a better place! I think this is as good as any and as it can offer backstories, the University is useless and just sits there apart from IC backstories. A high school could be used for current roleplay scenarios and this would be a good avenue to do it at, I don't know who could disagree, it has everything a /school/ needs!?

fIlGz7E.jpg

Edited by Wanda Johnson

I wanna clarify and post that Davis High School is being worked on and the Richman Idea is fun for the future,( I just found out there is a Davis High School more developed then my whimsical idea), but considering Davis High School has an active playerbase the Richman idea is nothing more then just an idea and the images created were nothing more then to create excitement for any avenue of High School Roleplay. Any more people that are interested in joining and serious about becoming a teacher should pursue as it'll certaintly create a different option of roleplay that is both different and refreshing, more teachers and educators are needed in order for this to move forward and that's quite an easy solution.

Edited by Wanda Johnson
  • 7 months later...