High School Roleplay?

MCB666

On 6/12/2020 at 9:11 PM, Gambler said:

Let's be honest for a moment. Majority of us hates school as well as school work. None will RP doing homework. Classes will be a mess. 
Basically what I picture and predict will happen with high schools, is that some people want a hub more than a highschool. No one will RP fear of the parental figure. Fear of failing class and repeating the year. Majority will just sexually harras RP the female lesbian teachers. And on top of everything, it means it will be underage RP. The idea of a highschool is beautiful and lovely and I really would like to see it happen, but I have to think with my brain and not heart. This type of community project will demand a player base that has a lot of comradery and common sense, which sadly I don't see it.

majority of us hates working too but you don't see that stopping people from doing exactly that. as for homeworks/exams, nobody will have to do anything of the sort. students won't feel like this is a second job to them. we agreed on a system that works around this. people who sexually harass the female teachers (way to use lesbian as an insult btw) will deal with the consequences in character.

1 hour ago, Jo said:

I am strongly against this idea. Illegal RP is generating daily Forum-Reports. Also many of the comments on this thread are discouraging. GTA World uses a video game as a platform and GTA attracts a lot of underage gamers. Kid characters portrayal is a hot topic nowadays, as both power-gaming behaviors and trolling were mentioned on recent reports. The last thing I want to see in this server is a school shooting. But I won't be all negative, I consider there are a few mature enough players among us that could bring such a project to life. 

I would support the idea only if the following terms would be considered:

• The school would be a separate faction, not affiliated with any illegal RP group.

• The faction would be managed by a level 2+ Admin, that would overseer the roleplay. 

• The school grounds would be a safe-zone and underage ERP/FTB will be dealt with a harsh punishment. 

• The school grounds would be government building, meaning that the PF and CCW rules would apply to it.

• No players with admin history would be allowed to join this faction.

• The creation of a separate forum group, visible to the community, for players to submit their applications. An OOC agreement to the faction rules should also take place within the application. 

• Lack of control by the faction's management and repeating forum reports towards it's members would be dealt with dismissal of the faction and seize of any roleplay from it's members.

-the school being a faction or not is really irrelevant, but it is obviously not affiliated with crime in any way shape or form

-legal FM is involved

-small fights, theft etc occur in schools and we don't really want to kill the atmosphere by making it a true safezone. but sex is obviously prohibited and our own rules reflect that

-the "school shooter" phobia is a specific rule among many others to prevent this from turning into a shit show

-we're not recruiting members to the admin team we're getting people to roleplay damn students, there is no call for being so strict here. and this is coming from an ex admin if it's any consolation

i won't even bother answering the last two points as the more I keep reading your post, the more reason I get to believe that you want us to create a concentration camp and not a highschool. however I believe most of your concerns are adequately answered

now then, does anybody have any real arguments? 

Edited by Bloodseeker
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Bloodseeker said:

-the school being a faction or not is really irrelevant, but it is obviously not affiliated with crime in any way shape or form

I believe having a school faction is crucial and not irrelevant at all. It's perhaps the most important aspect, as it will bring the school members to the spotlight. If you are serious about this idea and it's not simply a side thing or a meme-zone for upcoming gangsters, you will make the effort to make this thing a faction. Otherwise, the whole thing will be uncontrollable, students will be able to join gangs simultaneously with joining the school. You need to make a faction so you can be transparent both towards the admin team and the community.

1 hour ago, Bloodseeker said:

-we're not recruiting members to the admin team we're getting people to roleplay damn students, there is no call for being so strict here. and this is coming from an ex admin if it's any consolation

Whom are you talking about?

I will also bring to your attention the following thread. 

Just now, Jo said:

Whom are you talking about?

'tis I, the almighty sultan 

what I meant by the irrelevance of this being a faction or not is this; there's a group of people dedicated to making this a reality with the legal FM involved, you should have no worries in regards to this.

however you do bring up a good point with that link and I'm in agreement, but my hands are tied on this as you can imagine, I'm sure legal FM will come up with a solution though

11 minutes ago, Bloodseeker said:

what I meant by the irrelevance of this being a faction or not is this; there's a group of people dedicated to making this a reality with the legal FM involved, you should have no worries in regards to this.

My worries come from my will to join this project, possibly as a student character. I invest a lot of time and effort into my characters and enjoy their development.

I can see my character getting bullied and would consider this interesting roleplay, but I don't want to become a witness or any atrocious/offensive roleplay. If they indeed put a lot of effort into it, they should make it count. 

As you noticed in recent forum-reports, Nervous won't hesitate to shut down a group, once the shit hits the fan. 

Edited by Jo
7 minutes ago, Jo said:

My worries come from my will to join this project, possibly as a student character. I invest a lot of time and effort into my characters and enjoy their development.

I can see my character getting bullied and would consider this interesting roleplay, but I don't want to become a witness or any atrocious/offensive roleplay. If they indeed put a lot of effort into it, they should make it count. 

As you noticed in recent forum-reports, Nervous won't hesitate to shut down a group, once the shit hits the fan. 

Which is what I was trying to tell 'em.

3 hours ago, Bloodseeker said:

majority of us hates working too but you don't see that stopping people from doing exactly that. as for homeworks/exams, nobody will have to do anything of the sort. students won't feel like this is a second job to them. we agreed on a system that works around this. people who sexually harass the female teachers (way to use lesbian as an insult btw) will deal with the consequences in character.

Way to answer at what you want too from the many issues and way to reply with irrelevant and unpractical solutions anyway.