Require to set description of character

5 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

This has been suggested before, we are not playing SAMP. Use the search function and stop posting the same thing every 2 weeks.

Please elaborate the link you make between a suggestion that helps improve roleplay and playing SAMP.

I'm aware of the rules. The search function was used before creating the thread, but as I didn't find the topic mentioned by TenPlug, I decided to spend my time typing out this suggestion. I would rather bump a thread than spending my time writing all of this. 

Just now, KICKDOORVETERAN said:

no.

Could you perhaps elaborate on your response?

I'm all for adding this though. It sometimes just saddens me that I know absolutely nothing about a person's character in terms of appearence, basics and whatnot. Having newbies set up their /attributes should be part of the tutorial honestly.

• Thanks 1
On 6/9/2020 at 2:30 PM, Flluroz said:

Big support on this. No reason it’s not already on the server. /examine is a key feature to making a unique and distinguishable character. Surprising how few people even know it exist or don’t care to use it. 

Perhaps what he meant by "require to set description" is as a whole process, like implanting a script that forces you to set your description once you rename/create a new character. Seen from this angle, it could be interesting.  

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, KICKDOORVETERAN said:

I am saying no as of right now because a lot of people moving to the server are obviously not gonna be in terms of knowing the commands so if its on the server not mostly everyone is going to know about it.

Then it should be added as part of the tutorial, so people will know the commands.

Needs to be added in some sort of fashion.

Making the command more known as in the tutorial as been suggested by many people in this (mj2002 and a few others I'm fairly sure) IS THE BEST SOLUTION.

People really don't hear about the command often and forget about it, at least I do.

If it's required it seems a bit unnecessary as unlike on SAMP everyones skins are already somewhat custom in 95% of the cases. But encouraging the use would be great.

I think it should also be monitored, I often see /examines which just seem like 1. Powergaming 2. Unrealistic or 3. Containing irrelevant information to a /examine for example "NAME is a kind hearted person and is really friendly" the type of thing that should be shown IC'ly not in a /examine.

Thank you for the replies to the suggestion! Please elaborate your opinion if you decide to comment as it's not clear what you disagree with.

To those not agreeing with the suggestion, please answer the following question.

Why wouldn't you want others to have basic IC knowledge about the character you're roleplaying and let your character's appearance be a secret to others? This is simple knowledge about the character such as race, height, build and estimated age of the character for example. This is basic and essential information that would benefit everyones roleplay.

To me, disagreeing seems like players are afraid to lose control over situations and are afraid that the IC information about their character will be used against them. And others will not able to adjust their character's appearance per roleplay situation anymore in order to gain their advantage. As for this last part, it's not the first time I see players make use of this on the server.