HOW TO ROLEPLAY WITH GANGS (FOR PD/SD)

Think the issue is on both sides though, often times the immediate gang reaction to police is /s FUCK TWELVE

Gotta remember that in a lot of places, shot callers will actively discourage that kind of behaviour because all it does is bring attention to the gang, which obviously they don't want. Not saying it doesn't happen, but at least be smart about it (Often they do it infront of cameras, news crew, it's an intimidation tactic)

Edited by friendlyman
  • Upvote 1

The whole "Community Policing" situation is relative to A) The set/gang you're interacting with B) The area that you reside within. I'm familiar with Triple O.G.s that'll cuss out a Law enforcement officer on sight to evade from being identified as an informant, and then I've witnessed triple OG's make small-talk with police to get them off of their back. It's never a black and white situation.

14 hours ago, friendlyman said:

Think the issue is on both sides though, often times the immediate gang reaction to police is /s FUCK TWELVE

Gotta remember that in a lot of places, shot callers will actively discourage that kind of behaviour because all it does is bring attention to the gang, which obviously they don't want. Not saying it doesn't happen, but at least be smart about it (Often they do it infront of cameras, news crew, it's an intimidation tactic)

Exactly. Sets are often encouraged to be openly vocal against Law enforcement since it provides an example that any "negotiating" with police will result in consequences. After all, spouting these vocal terms is not the primary reason towards attracting negative attention. You're already attracting attention by simply being a member of a set or hanging out with other known gang members. Law enforcement have already pre-determined the "hot zones" that require investigating. It's only problematic when, per se, such statements could provoke a search of contraband on one's person etc... In reality, it's a mix between the two, depending on the circumstances.

Never black/white.

Edited by DLimit

I am more inclining to PD showing force aka, swarm gangsters, bring them in for questioning and then either jail them or release them. Honestly, it's the gang's fault if they are ever treated that way. Police is here to enforce law not to spread the gospel. and enforce, has Force in it. Besides known gang members are always searched when stopped or pulled over for some reason. Cause they are mostly flagged as armed and dangerous in the database. Also standard patrols only rarely deal with gangs, they will chime in, if there's an ongoing crime, but majority of interactions between gangs and police is through gang unit.

Edited by Engelbert
1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

I am more inclining to PD showing force aka, swarm gangsters, bring them in for questioning and then either jail them or release them. Honestly, it's the gang's fault if they are ever treated that way. Police is here to enforce law not to spread the gospel. and enforce, has Force in it. Besides known gang members are always searched when stopped or pulled over for some reason. Cause they are mostly flagged as armed and dangerous in the database. Also standard patrols only rarely deal with gangs, they will chime in, if there's an ongoing crime, but majority of interactions between gangs and police is through gang unit.

What a great way to ruin the server for gang RPers

1 hour ago, friendlyman said:

What a great way to ruin the server for gang RPers

This isn't GTAO and sure not LA of the 90s. Besides cops don't just jump out of nowhere if they have nothing on you. They are just watching and if they know you did something they will pester you until you come clean or make a mistake. That's how it works.

Edited by Engelbert
13 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I have to heavily disagree with you right here.
For two reasons: first, gang unit/PD won't search or pull over any gang member just because they're gang banging. It's just not the case. Usually, it is something else. 

Obviously, this does have its effect on officers' decisions, but they don't randomly stop and search gang members.

Secondly, like mentioned by @friendlyman, it ruins the balance. I honestly hate the "it's just a game" argument. I prefer to go with "it is a roleplay server, however, we must always find a fair balance so that both parties have equal chances to have fun".

As for your argument for GTA:W not being GTA:O or LA in 1992, well, ironically, before 1992 that was more than common for those random stop and searches to occur (ref to @owen's first reply to this topic). Simply due to the different approach employed by the PD/SD. During 1992 (especially the riots), a lot of cops were simply frustrated and didn't do any pro-active policing for some time (reference: Boot by William Dunn book; Chief by Daryl F. Gates book). 

I truly hope you reevaluate your view on that topic. Especially if you are a part of LEO faction on this server.

Well one policeman, not sure from which country once said, that criminals especially those running with organized crime groups or gangs, don't belong to public. Which honestly is what gangs always do, they always present themselves, why would they complain about PD targetting them, when they themselves voluntarily offer cops many reasons to step on their toes. For answers look there, they complain about PD, but they also flash their colors on public. You just walk down the street and they run to you "wassup". Why?

It's complete stranger, why would you do that? The PD shouldn't ruin their roleplay, what gangs should take from a lesson with PD, is...

To limit their gangsta behaviour on public, no cop wants anything else than to have less calls from problematic areas.

Edited by Engelbert