Non-English section?

AAlroy

4 hours ago, Tempesto said:

New York City is an American city, but you can still go to Chinatown?

what does this have to do with anything? You're comparing a neighborhood established over the years compromised by chinese immigrants who found out more chinese immigrants lived there so they could bring their customs over and don't lose their identity (which then ended up in the creation of chinese gangs and mini-triads), a neighborhood so big the government can't exactly control and has no reason or really a way to make disperse, a neighborhood so vital to New York that if they were to finally make everyone scatter New York would be losing part of its identity

to a forum section so you can speak your own language and ultimately metagame friendship with other people who speak the same language.

I reiterate, this is an English speaking server, you speak English.

Edited by Sim
forgot to close )
  • Upvote 1

As 99% of the comments I'm also going to say this is an English speaking server, you speak English.

I don't know what's the need of having a subforum for foreigners, sounds just unnecessary and requires lots of moderation. I'm a foreigner, English isn't my mother language but I still can find people of the same origin as myself without having the need for a subforum. In addition to that, you get to develop your English so it's kinda beneficial to speak English and just stick to it when you're on here.

Those forums used to exist, unless I'm misremembering (even with their own moderators). I distinctly remember the Spanish subforum because I'm spanish. They don't anymore, and to be fair there's no real need for them because the server is an English-speaking community, even if it isn't necessarily made up of EFL people.

No, this is unnecessary. This server is an English speaking server meaning that most people here are expected to be at least decent with English meaning that they should be able to speak English. Either way, a sub forum would not be necessary at all. If you want to speak your own language, you can do that in other places. This will also bring moderation issue such as the people speaking in the other language are actually breaking the rules but the staff members do not know that language. 

Edited by tomatoz

Aside from the server being an English speaking server, it would be incredible hard to moderate foreign languages and their boards. You would be dependent on individuals able to speak the various languages and rely on them as you cannot check on what has been written in these boards as easily without having to google translate your way through multiple threads and posts if you do not speak said language. Whilst I would like for a small foreign section to find its place around the boards, I have to give in a hot negative on that due to the mentioned issue.

7 hours ago, tomatoz said:

No, this is unnecessary. This server is an English speaking server meaning that most people here are expected to be at least decent with English meaning that they should be able to speak English. Either way, a sub forum would not be necessary at all. If you want to speak your own language, you can do that in other places. This will also bring moderation issue such as the people speaking in the other language are actually breaking the rules but the staff members do not know that language.