Non-English section?

AAlroy

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 7:34 PM, Tennplugg said:

Needs a lot of moderation from admins.  

What moderation would it require from admins? Am I missing anything?

On 6/5/2020 at 6:51 PM, Clippy95 said:

It isn't a thing because this is an English only server, no thank you

What? I don't believe you understand the point here. I'm talking about a dedicated section in the forums where you can basically gather up with people who are playing in your country. It doesn't mean that the server wouldn't remain an English based one.

I'd like to hear more thoughts about this, please.

Edited by AAlroy
  • Applaud 1
3 hours ago, AAlroy said:

What moderation would it require from admins? Am I missing anything?

What? I don't believe you understand the point here. I'm talking about a dedicated section in the forums where you can basically gather up with people who are playing in your country. It doesn't mean that the server wouldn't remain an English based one.

I'd like to hear more thoughts about this, please.

We'd need admins who understand those languages to crack down trolls and users who derail threads, would require too much work for something that isn't needed

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 7:02 PM, Clippy95 said:

We'd need admins who understand those languages to crack down trolls and users who derail threads, would require too much work for something that isn't needed

So what is the problem with that? This is a viable suggestion. The server is large enough to incorporate many different players of different nationalities and languages. The argument that the sections will need moderating isn’t a valid reason to turn down this suggestion - a non-English section moderator role can be created. 

Having such a section would also reduce the number of threads in the OOC area asking if there are any players on the sever from X country or who speak Y language. Having a dedicated area where players want to chat with other players in a different language is absolutely justifiable and also encourages further education and language learning. There are no drawbacks to this suggestion.

There is absolutely no reason to shoot down suggestions solely because they require changes to be made.  

Edited by joe
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
On 6/15/2020 at 9:02 PM, Clippy95 said:

Foreign players can manage those sections and just report anything to the admins.

5 hours ago, hori said:

Foreign players can manage those sections and just report anything to the admins.

You have to find those admins first, and even then if you give them some trust because other admins don't personally know what they're saying stuff could go under the radar.

The server is English speaking, I don't see a need to have multiple sections to cover other languages. People came here to type and roleplay in English.

Just isn't needed, and requires too much work.

19 minutes ago, Jura said:

You have to find those admins first, and even then if you give them some trust because other admins don't personally know what they're saying stuff could go under the radar.

The server is English speaking, I don't see a need to have multiple sections to cover other languages. People came here to type and roleplay in English.

Just isn't needed, and requires too much work.

As a foreign moderator you don’t have to be an admin, just a normal player in charge with reporting players if something goes wrong, reporting them to admins. Admins can translate what they said and punish player if it’s needed.