Japanese Community

Sqreix

2 hours ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

Usually factions have rules regarding this that you have to establish yourself with a faction and do it all IC. Though, it's worth asking of course.

Yeah, that's fine too. I'm just saying, there seems to be a myth going around that "wholly based on IC events" is the one and only true path to developing a character. I mean, basing your character on the interactions you have with people is great, but there's nothing wrong with creating a rich background story intertwining your character story with those of other locals in an area you're going to roleplay, for example.

If a Japanese community was created I know it would simply be the worst thing the server has ever seen, probably a bunch of people with fast cars talking about anime and other things. There’s however several Chinese and Korean mobs/Syndicates and a couple of southeast Asian gangs 

Edited by Juicy

I roleplay the granddaughter of people that were part of the internment in San Francisco following the attack on Pearl Harbour. Her parents are Japanese and American, her mother met her American father in the 70s. Always preferred homegrown Japanese-Americans compared to just straight up off-the-boat Japanese. Fair enough if it was the occasional immigrant, but it gets to a point where you've straight up moved an entire neighbourhood from Tokyo to LS.

On 12/17/2020 at 2:02 PM, yerro said:

Yeah, that's fine too. I'm just saying, there seems to be a myth going around that "wholly based on IC events" is the one and only true path to developing a character. I mean, basing your character on the interactions you have with people is great, but there's nothing wrong with creating a rich background story intertwining your character story with those of other locals in an area you're going to roleplay, for example.

I set goals for my character. Just as we do IRL... Its virtually impossible for a character to have a mind of its own... A lot of things happen organically that causes a deviation from an original goal, however the "end game"/Background was plotted from day one.

Edited by Alexandra_Forge

I’m currently making a southeast Asian gang, mainly focused on Cambodia but any southeast Asian ethnicity is allowed. We’re focusing heavily on Khmer culture, like celebrating Cambodian holidays with parties and having a more family sense around the gang lifestyle. It’s not Japanese but maybe something like that would float your boat. 

Edited by Stiggz